Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antipoint Earners

antipoints

maybe this helps i put my nick with every positive and negative points so people can see who dit it maybe it's better if you just can see the nick if u got points from someone once i helped someone out with someting(yeah i do that to ) i got a antipoint from someone who said he was helping the man first how ugly can u make it

greets

darkadon
    hip hop rules

antipoints

people must give more antipoints i think and neg's also (but not to me)
    Bill has the key to the \'blue\' screen
    by tux

lol

lol got one from me
    hip hop rules

Yes, the AntiPoints system is abused. I've tried fighting that battle before. I get negative points for petty things all the time, as I'm sure most of the people here do. There have been arguments and suggestions to change the system, and even suggestions to abolish it. Most people seem to think the AntiPoint system is in need of improvement. However, JP seems to be standing his ground on this one, and is doing it his own way. Obviously he knows something about the system that we don't, or he has different visions for it than most of us do. Either way, the AntiPoint system seems to be here to stay, so we might as well get used to it.

Even as abused as this system is, I think people are overreacting to it. If you think about it, why does it matter if you have 99 points or 100 points? What all is on the line? A second green dot next to your profile, that's all. It's really no big deal. I mean, I've had 2 of those little dots before (a couple times), but I have gotten petty points that took me right back down to one. I've been sitting on 97 points for a while now. Just one contribution of positive points could take me back up and over the 100 mark, but for what? A second green dot? That's hardly worth fussing over. If somebody gives you positive points, just be happy that they noticed you. If they give you negative points, try to figure out why. If they were petty, just let it go. It's not worth fighting over, as it will just lead to more negative points for you. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way, too. Negative points are a fact of the system, just as positive points are. Both are inevitable. The best thing to do is to just get used to it.

Thumbs up

Now a real hacker would know how to give
    himself as many points as he wanted.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

humz

just don't abuse it allright?
    hip hop rules

Originally posted by rcgreen
    Now a real hacker would know how to give
    himself as many points as he wanted.
    Yeah, I gave seb-g some negative 400 antipoints, but I didn't touch my own net value. (I gave myself negatives and positives while trying it out)

But anyone who wants to believe I used nefarious means can think so if it makes them feel better

Fortunately JP listened and went and patched it.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I have this weird feeling Debris has a positive senior member acount in his pocket and has been playing nice guy with it and now has started to hand out neg points because he knows he can.

Angry some loser is harassing people

I got some negative antipoints from someone with the comment "Send me anti-pointz (disapprovez, red buttonz), because if you don't do this i will send you anti-points (disapprovez, red buttonz) for ever. Merry Christmas OhOhOh." I have no idea who this is, has anyone got this also?
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: redthefed

I had the same comment a while agoo... most of the senior members recieved this kind of AO - Points and we assumed it was Sebastos12.

Perhaps that conclusion was wrong.