Thread: r00ting servers

Question r00ting servers

How can i root systems if i dont have access on it, using freebsd b0x shell can i r00t somebody else system if i dont' have an account on it. What will i do to r00t that target system?

Thumbs up

Type in the root password.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Re: r00ting servers

Originally posted by byt3c0d3
    How can i root systems if i dont have access on it, using freebsd b0x shell can i r00t somebody else system if i dont' have an account on it. What will i do to r00t that target system?
    You better call/mail to the system administrator to ask if they would give you the root password. If they won't, you are not supposed to get root in that system, and that's the end of the story.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Well DUH! Of COURSE you can't get in if you are typing "r00t" as your login! Remember, *nix is case sensitive!

Actually, there's a virus going around called window.box5, if you see a c:\windows\ directory in your computer, that's a sure sign that you have the Windows worm! The only cure is to delete the whole directory...

...and dump your computer in the sea...

...With the power on.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Talking Nicely done!

Terr: Creative answer! .... very nicely done ....

==================================
    .... here's my confusion ... what are you talking about anyway!

Q: What's the point of having root on a system you don't have access to?

.... hmmm ... maybe you meant "physical" access???
    .... maybe you meant "any" connectivity ????

"Physical Access" is not a requirement for 'root access'...

Q: have you even established connectivity?
    1. The 1st thing you have to do is establish connectivity.
    2. You can do that by taking ZeroOne's advice.
    3. Then do what rcgreen said and type in the pwd.
    4. Then do what Terr said and figure out what kinda system you've gotten your hands on!?
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    How can you root systems if you don't have access on it? I'm guessing you mean remote access without a user account. Try brute-force password guessing...manually...without the help of a dictionary...against user accounts you don't know about, and then tell them you're doing it when they show up wherever you are with big clubs.

*laughs at Terr's post* *agrees with ZeroOne's post* *laughs at Niboreon's post* You guys kill me...

[ADVICE]
    Dude, give it up now. You come off as a jock-like 15 year old who just learned to type (better keep that up btw, r00t won't get you much) and wants to break ****. Why do you guys all have to do that? Is it some mystical method of proving your "manliness" or something? If so, I guess I missed out. Damn... If you just so happen to be of the female sort, well, let's just say you're making it harder for REAL women to be taken seriously (I see a VictorKaum with a spiked club and she looks irate). If you haven't noticed, your post wasn't exactly taken in the manner you were looking...sorry to ruin your fun. Now begone, oh ye of the football-jock-I-have-to-break-**** mentality as ye aren't worthy of such knowledge. If I got that wrong and you're really a skinny kid like I was, well, you deserved to be duct-taped to a trashcan.
    [/ADVICE]

Oh yeah, what the hell would you do with a # anyways? And if you can't even tell me what that signifies, then you're really a dumbshit.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

FUNNY!!!! *laughing so hard I can't get focused*

You guys are relentless..

I love it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Post Hehehe

...and the funny part is...

Name: byt3c0d3

/me *chuckles*
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Computer Forensics
    better eat your w00tiez!
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust