Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Requests...

Tutorial Requests...

Hey everyone!

I'm up a school a bit early, and quite frankly I'm bored, so I wanted to get some ideas on tutorials that I could write. So, just give me some subjects that you guys (and gals) want to learn more about and I'll pick something out that I know about and write something up tonight.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

OK here is a little porject for you:

Write a program to block pop-up's when surfing the net

Have fun
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Originally posted by l3aDmOnKeY

Have fun
    That is suprisingly easy, and can be done with under 20 lines of code in VB

Originally posted by l3aDmOnKeY

Have fun
    Here is a link to one that is already written , monkey :http://xtalwind.tucows.com/preview/236064.html

A tutorial idea

Could you possibly write a beginner's guide to either C or C++? I am trying to learn C, but don't want to spend a REALLY long time doing it.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

YES C AND C++ WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME TOO!

Well, I could certainly do a C++ tutorial, but the problem is, what do you want in it? It is hard to do a tutorial on C++ cause it depends highly on previous programming experience and knowledge of programming in general. I mean would you want me to go over classes, or how to write an if statement, or even better how about the time and space complexities of programs . I will consider writing a tutorial if you give me some more specific topic on what to write the tutorial about...

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Ninja Code Monkey

possible tutorials - if you need ideas

1) Tutorial explaining the basics of firewalls and the difference between packet filtering, application, and circuit firewalls. Also maybe something about hardware vs. software based.

2) Basics of routing/routers/routing protocols - what they are, what they do, how they work.

3) Crypto - basic terms, examples of some different types, explanations of how they basically work.

4) Basics of any programming language you may know....links to other resources for people to learn more.

5) How to build your own tools for monitoring your computers/network with the language of your choice.

6) Explain how to secure the operating system of your choice.

7) Explain some of the ways you make your code harder to break (do you have good routines for preventing buffer overflows, input checking, etc). Always nice to learn how to write better code.

8) Explain how to secure the web server of your choice.

9) Explain the protocol of your choice - how it works, known problems, possible weaknesses.

10) Explain the most common mistakes made by system administrators and how not to make them.

11) Explain the legal issues related to monitoring/tracking hacking activity on your network/computer. I'd love to see something about this.....I've read some interesting things about hacking being legal/illegal in some countries and what could be done to solve the problem. Also about how logs/files from the compromised computers were used in court and the issues related to each. Anyone have any real life experience with this?

These are just general suggestions....not for you specifically. If I can think up anything more I'll post it.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Lightbulb linux troubleshooting

I need a linux troubleshooting tutorial... like what do if you get __ error... :-\ I'm sick of having these problems! im on my fourth distro (SuSe) trying to get it to install!!! How sad is that!!! Mandrake 8.1, Redhat 7.2, and slackware wouldnt install... all got errors... grr help!
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

i would like to see a tutorial on simple packet filtering in c or c++. i think that would be nice
    what is love but contempt for hate?