Thread: What would you do?

Angry What would you do?

I have this promblem with a person on "AOL" everytime i'm online he IM ME and says he is gonna hack my computer threating to shut it down wipe out drives etc... I notifyed "AOL" about it but they do nothing.This has been going on for 3 weeks now.. AND I AM TIRED OF THE B.S! Can someone please tell me the best way to get his I.P number besides [B]PING commands. TRACERT !

screen name "acid420" he has zonealarm version 2.6
    on a windows 2000 operating system!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Your best bet would be to figure out how to change your logon ID for AOL, get zone alarm installed, and don't accept anythign from this guy. Put him on your ignore list and add anyone that comes across like him. And you're expecting AOL to do something about this? They won't because they have 100000000000000000000000 other customers to worry about as well.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Your best bet would be to figure out how to change your logon ID for AOL, get zone alarm installed, and don't accept anythign from this guy. Put him on your ignore list and add anyone that comes across like him. And you're expecting AOL to do something about this? They won't because they have 100000000000000000000000 other customers to worry about as well.
    TigerTeam, doing what Vorlin says is probably your best bet. Pick up a firewall (just for safty precautoins I'd 'buy' ZoneAlarm Pro instead of just picking up their free version - which isn't to shabby), none the less you should get a firewall. Also, try putting this guy (and anybody else like him) on your 'Ignore' list. From what your message states, he hasn't really done anything to you besides harass you.

Also, why would you need/want his IP Address. It is useless in your legal quest to rid this acid 420 from your worries. AOL does nothing (as I'm told ALL the time by numerous people). So just do what Vorlin is telling you. It's probably your best bet.

[P.S. - Good Luck ]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I wouldn't worry all that much. If he is on an AOL account, he can't touch you. Their propraitary TCP/IP means he can't even ping you, tracert you, telnet, anything. Even if he does have a real ISP, most of those blowhards are all talk and no action. just get a freeware firewall (there are a lot of them out there) and get some AV software and you should be fine.

If you want to take more... offensive, action, don't, it's a great way to end up in jail over nothing. If you're going to get yourself arrested do it for something worthwhile...
    The sky above the port was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel- Neuromancer

Exclamation hrmm

get a real ISP

Also, why would you need/want his IP Address. It is useless in your legal quest to rid this acid 420 from your worries.

What I really want to do to this guy is launch a DOS! I am thinking about planting logic bombs in his computer then the next time he IMS ME i'll contact the logic bomb, send the trigger command and it will begin! A continual showers of access attempts is transmitted from his computer (massive overload of connection requests- so huge that servers cannot do anything but deal with it) I believe the attempt to track me are made more difficult! But I don't want to serve no MORE JAIL TIME!!! SICK OF THE Bullshizzznit
    Do you think if I do it, ill get caught by AOL?

Tiger Team,

If you're worried about being caught by AOL for attempting to place logic bombs on someone else's computer, then perhaps the train of thought that you are on is the wrong one. Why would you waste all that time and effort to get into his box and plant malicious software, when downloading a freeware firewall and then placing his username on your ignore list would be much easier (not to mention LEGAL!)? Fight smarter not harder and you stand a great chance of staying out of jail.

-The Eeshman

PS: This is good advice by the way

EESHMAN THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

GOOD ADVICE I'll TAKE!

Post AOL'ers...sheesh!

eeshman, good point. Take persuasive legal action. TigerTeam, all you have to do is put him/her on your ignore list to stop "All this Bullshit" ...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

install ip scanner on your computer
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"