hi someone keeps sending my friend the
    con/con code and it keeps giving him a
    blue screen... i was wondering what kind
    of patch to get in order to prevent the
    blue screen error...thanks
    Share on Google+

The patch is called Linux.

Well how are they sending him the code?
    Web Page redirection, batch file or what....

Tip: Be more specific in your questions
    Knowledge is Power!

See that no one renders to anyone evil for evil, but always pursue what is good for one another and for all. - 1 Thessalonians 5:15 -
    Share on Google+

Seattle, WA
    First, have him check if there are any patches from Microsoft that he hasn't installed that might make a difference, such as from . If he's on Windows 95 and it still happens, it might be worth upgrading to 98 (Second edition), because it is somewhat improved but isn't a major transition, like going to NT.

How is the person sending this code? ICQ? Email? Webpage? What? Has your friend tried using any ignore-features on ICQ/AIM/Yahoo IM to block it?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency
    Share on Google+

it happens on windows up to and including 2nd edition. I may be wrong but i don't think there is a patch for it. Its been fixed in win2k.

how dumb is your friend to keep falling for the same trick..."dam! happens every time i click on this link"

Bukhari:V3B48N826 The Prophet said, Isnt the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man? The women said, Yes. He said, This is because of the deficiency of a womans mind.
    Share on Google+

The link to finding the patch for the con/con bug is here.

I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!
    Share on Google+