Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft warns of 'critical' IE bug

Microsoft warns of 'critical' IE bug

null byte exploit for ie 5.5 & 6

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1128330

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    As one member on here said "Jesus Christ and all that's Holy"...

Isn't that something you learn to avoid in Programming 101? Null length vars, null length fields, etc etc...christ on a flaming raft, it's definitely making me wonder if they're not just hiring VB beginners. And before someone flames me for saying that they could've overlooked it...we're talking IE 5.5 & 6. How long has it been out? Who does their testing? Senior programmers should overlook the code of newbies, pure and simple, to avoid lame **** like this. Gah, it makes me sick.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Post Microsoft does it again...

Hmmm, doesn't surprise me.

Isn't that something you learn to avoid in Programming 101? Null length vars, null length fields, etc etc...christ on a flaming raft, it's definitely making me wonder if they're not just hiring VB beginners. And before someone flames me for saying that they could've overlooked it...we're talking IE 5.5 & 6. How long has it been out? Who does their testing? Senior programmers should overlook the code of newbies, pure and simple, to avoid lame **** like this. Gah, it makes me sick.
    I'm surprised how this whole "thing" started December 14th. Hah... You've gotta be joking. I mean come on... And as Vorlin stated, I can (and probably will) bet that they (microsoft...I dare not captalize THAT again...sheesh) are just picking up junior wanna-be VB programmers fresh out of high school. I mean come on...Null byte exploitation! Jeeze Lueeze.

Come to think of it, take a look at this. I'm using Netscape (as I do very often unless Windows Update needs to take a leak...**) But today when I tried to log onto Internet Explorer, it crashed every time I punched a button. Another flaw? I dunno, but it pissed the hell out of me. For I'm not vaulnurable to this Null Byte Exploit (...can I hear an Amen?).

But see, Vorlin, their Senior programmers *~Should~* have looked it over, and probably did. But knowing mICROSOFT they probably let it slide to the side like they usually do just to bother the hell out of Windows users. I honestly wouldn't want to be a programmer for IE and stand next to me right now. This literally "makes me sick."

[P.S. - /me *chuckles at Vorlin for quoting me... ]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Unhappy Would You Please Be So Kind...?

...omi****in'gawd!!! <*reaching for the Paxil and decanter of Scotch*>...hmmm...Vorlin, old boy...? Please be so kind as to hand me the barf bag? I can't reach it from here.... jesus! I feel so sick to my stomach...!!!!

your kiddin'?

Sounds like somebody in SQA should get shot. I can understand a slip of the fingers but this, this is just too much.......

I better leave it blank.

Kewl_Zero - Pass those things around.....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

What?! Another exploit in a Microsoft product? No way, you guys have got to be kidding, right?

Okay, sarcasm mode is off now, sorry about that guys..
    - Maverick

Unhappy RE IE6

<*pounding head repeatedly on keyboard and contemplating the pool of technicolor vomit about the rug*>

He weakly moans: ".... Jobs... Jobs... Why did you have to be so ****ing greedy with your Apple I...Jobs... Jobs.... Tevold... Tevold...why the **** did you have to be born 40 years too late!!!...omi****in'gawd!!!... I am so sick... sick...please...help me... please...omi****in'gawd!!!...this is so awful... unbelievable!

Thumbs down

i have ie version 6.0.2600.0 ... lol.

every time i open ie, a little form pops up saying there is a bug, and i'm given the option to report it, close the application, fix the bug myself, or not report it.

it's quite annoying....especially since 50% of the time it will immediately crash after i have chosen one of the above options....argh.

Originally posted by firefemme

every time i open ie, a little form pops up saying there is a bug, and i'm given the option to report it, close the application, fix the bug myself, or not report it.

it's quite annoying....especially since 50% of the time it will immediately crash after i have chosen one of the above options....argh.
    That's the main reason I migrated to Opera. That, and IE just STOPPED letting me search for text within the window one day. I click on it, nothing happens, hit control-F, nothing happens...

As for the bug, I'll echo Maverick.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted by firefemme

FreeBSD anyone? www.freebsd.org

hehehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson