View Poll Results: Is AOL going out of buisness ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • How could you say such a thing !?!?!

2 14.29%
  • They better be

1 7.14%
  • I wish they would... But probably not

6 42.86%
  • I dont care... I dont use AOL

5 35.71%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: John Walker-traitor

I see.

Thanks for clarifying.

-KD
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

tell ya what...just send the punk to prison, give him the opportunity to learn the true meaning of the word "punk b-i-t-c-h", he'll make some badazz murderous thug a happy man, just think...put him in general population...him and his girlish cute ness will attract quite a bit of attention, 'sides, what better way to let some of the prisoners do their patriotic "duties" with this bonehead.... ...i think it's much more fun than the phucker.....

Later fellaz,

dedklown

Thumbs up

... like, I mean, whatevrrr...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

man you guys have been busy today!

i've learned more about this guy than i ever wanted to, but the posts have been riviting and i had to read them all.

our laws are pretty clear on this issue though. When a citizen sides with a forign advisary and bears arms against us, he IS guilty of high treason, and all the should bes and maybes arn't going to change that

He must have a hearing before a military tribunal (this is war time)and if found to be guilty of these charges, executed. (give him a fair trial, then take'um out and hang'em)

however, the more i read about this man, the more i believe hes a nut case. If he is, he should be put in a federal maximum security prison for the crimminally insane (snake pit). And it wouldn't hurt a bit to put his parents in the next cell, after sterizing them first of course. ;-)

if he is found to be sane and guilty of high treason, he must be executed.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted by Tedob1
    He must have a hearing before a military tribunal (this is war time)and if found to be guilty of these charges, executed. (give him a fair trial, then take'um out and hang'em)
    Technically speaking (and legality, like it or not, has become technical), are we really at war? I don't recall seeing that the US (technically) declared war, I thought it was more of a "peacekeeping" action. (Which can mean just about anything these days)

As for the conspiracy charges, I believe you need two witnesses to an overt action. (If it was just in a state, it is possible that you might not need the overt action in some states, but this is federal.)

Ashcroft MIGHT be able to make it stick, but I almost want to see him fail. His policies strike me as being fairly authoritarian. As Newsweek said somewhere: "Would you buy a used Constitution from this man?"
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

it is now a government matter, and it must acquire the governmental constitution on what they should do abuit it...
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Originally posted by Terr

Technically speaking (and legality, like it or not, has become technical), are we really at war? I don't recall seeing that the US (technically) declared war, I thought it was more of a "peacekeeping" action. (Which can mean just about anything these days)

As for the conspiracy charges, I believe you need two witnesses to an overt action. (If it was just in a state, it is possible that you might not need the overt action in some states, but this is federal.)

Ashcroft MIGHT be able to make it stick, but I almost want to see him fail. His policies strike me as being fairly authoritarian. As Newsweek said somewhere: "Would you buy a used Constitution from this man?"
    Congress did not declare war, but congress gave the president power to act as if it were wartime conditions. Semantics really, but I believe he certainly can be tried by the military, outside of the justice department's supervision. I would be happy to see him face a military court, because he would most likely be executed quickly, however I find the concept of losing the checks and balances between branches of government scary.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Exclamation Shoot him

<2_cents>
    I voted to shoot him. I would've rather see him shot AND left in
    the desert but I suppose a slug to the head is enough.
    </2_cents>

Remote_Access_

Originally posted by Terr

Not to go over this again, but it's the treason charge that you need two witnesses, not conspiracy. That's why they aren't going after treason, because they (the gov't ) aren't going to find two Taliban dudes to testify against Walker in court. That's why they are pursuing lesser charges.

This is not technically wartime so a military tribunal is out of the question. Ashcroft actually got soft about this point even though he has been somewhat Stalinistic about other points.

P.S.
    And to whomever gave me neg points and asked if I was trigger happy; I feel the inexplicable need to respond to your charge. No I am not trigger happy, I just believe that some pussbuckets that betray the country that gave them so much opportunity need to be taken out of the gene pool for the betterment of the world as a whole. And, at least I have the balls to leave my handle when I give out neg points. So there.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

UPDATE-

Turns out good 'ol Ashcroft might , in fact, push for the death penalty, but on charges other than treason.

hehe.
    - Samuel Johnson