Thread: Tricking the "refering URL" when you visit a website

Tricking the "refering URL" when you visit a website

Certain web sites give you an error when you try to access certain pages from a page other than where they want you to be coming from. Is there any way to trick the server into thinking you are coming from wherever you want them to think?
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

Yes, it is possible.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Very possible. I would recommend looking at The Proxomitron, it lets you do a lot of things, like filtering and modifying HTML on the fly before it gets to your browser (to cut out ads, etc.) and modifying incoming/outgoing HTTP headers, such as the header which specifies the referrer-address. Basically it's a proxy that runs on the same computer as your browser, although it COULD be used on a different computer... I would recommend using some firewall software with it so that other people don't use your computer for anonymous browsing
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Wow, that program looks great, I can't wait to test it out this weekend. I can't do it now for I am at school and supressed.
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision