Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Morphues Exploit Question Answered

well i'm tired of psoting here.... so seeing how this is going to be the last time i psot let me make it good, whoever it was that said "this isn't hacking'" is stupid coz hacking is exploring, and that's what this is. I don't give a **** what u want to call it what i call it is a 'security flaw' seeing how it allows stupid users to allow ppl to get into there pc. whom ever said you can't upload, i didn't tell evrything step-by-step in that tut. use some coman sence d/l there .passwd file see if ther have a telnet or a ftp server or somthing open... ac1dsp3ctrum is right " Nothing is REALLY an exploit... Its all human error... if someone had taken the time to add a few more lines of code to prevent K/M from sharing system files.... " same for what u call exploits on a *nix sys if they whould of addes a few more lines of code to it...

-Guerrilla Se7en

FreeAgent
    Kazaa/Morphus/Aimster= TRASH Get bear share.....

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

Banned
    Almost everyone who replied to this post said that this is not an exploit,... and it isnt... This is my last post on this thread... Have fun

when using Kazaa. Do a search on everything for PWL.
    Once you get a person who has this file get their IP and use the exploit to get read access to his system. Once you do that you will see that you have access not only to his shared directory but to his whole system.

Then download the PWL file crack it and then hack into his computer.

Very easy

------------------------------------
    http://www.hacktheworld.net
    \"iam always in control\"

Re: ...

Originally posted by guerrillase7en
    well i'm tired of psoting here.... so seeing how this is going to be the last time i psot let me make it good, whoever it was that said "this isn't hacking'" is stupid coz hacking is exploring, and that's what this is. I don't give a **** what u want to call it what i call it is a 'security flaw' seeing how it allows stupid users to allow ppl to get into there pc. whom ever said you can't upload, i didn't tell evrything step-by-step in that tut. use some coman sence d/l there .passwd file see if ther have a telnet or a ftp server or somthing open... ac1dsp3ctrum is right " Nothing is REALLY an exploit... Its all human error... if someone had taken the time to add a few more lines of code to prevent K/M from sharing system files.... " same for what u call exploits on a *nix sys if they whould of addes a few more lines of code to it...

...so your leaving right?

...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

It is an exploit if, had it been done against an M$ product or *nux, you'd be calling it an exploit.

It is a hack if, had it been done against a M$ product or *nux, it would be a hack.

It is a bug and complete disregard for security if, had M$ done the same thing, you'd be calling it a bug and complete disregard for security.

So ... if the default is to share the whole drive ... then it is it is clearly a severe security exposure and illustrates complete disregard for security on the part of Morpheous and Kazaa's authors.

If there a warning pops up when a whole logical drive is shared, then that is good coding and everything reasonable has been done that can be done to safeguard the user.

If it just lets you make a change to the configuration that shares the whole drive without issuing a warning or caution, that is okay (just okay).