Thread: Macintosh Hacker's Workshop.

Macintosh Hacker's Workshop.

Originaly from Mark Joseph Edwards, Windows & .NET Magazine Security UPDATE

Do you have an Apple Mac running Mac OS 9.x or the new Mac OS X? If so, you might be pleased to know that a person using the nickname Grungie has released Macintosh Hacker's Workshop, which is a set of tools that lets you test the strength of user passwords. In addition, the software can extract the General Electric Comprehensive OS (gecos) field information from UNIX-based password files, generate word lists to help guess passwords, and comes with a word-list cleaner that helps remove
    words considered invalid as potential passwords from lists. Macintosh Hacker's Workshop is available at Grungie's Web site at the URL below.

http://grungie.code511.com/software_en.html

Thank you for the link. Do you have any other websites which could help me get such tools and documentation.

DA007

Great! Now I have something to load on my PowerMAC 8100/100. yeehee.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned

darkangel007

hey
    team2600.com has some of the best tools
    freakys archives has some good ones im lazy u use google
    and mac analyst is good but expenisive yet again us google
    well hope their
    usefull
    RiOtEr

Originally posted here by darkangel007
    Thank you for the link. Do you have any other websites which could help me get such tools and documentation. DA007
    You can try Freaks Macintosh Archive. And the best resource to find info on the Internet Google.

~micael

Thank u all for the links. Got some gr8 software and documentation from the sites. Finally i have something worthwhile to do on the Mac.

DA007

Thanks man!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....