View Poll Results: Who should detect spyware? Programs like AdAware or AV progs?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely AV programs, it's their job...

2 16.67%
  • Definitely programs like AdAware, it's a great product...

4 33.33%
  • They should work together...

6 50.00%
  • Who cares if I have spyware? I have nothing to hide!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hate cheerleaders? Then check this out!

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    They'll grow out of it.

Just because someone posts something like that doesn't necessitate a 'your dumb' response.

Expression like that it very helpful in working through your frustrations, actually it does really help..

It may just keep them from shooting someone. Usually people who can express themselves in artistic (subjective, I know) channels end up being healthier for it.

my thoughts anyway.
    Hey Korp, if it will let them not kill someone, I'm all for it, but perhaps these forums really aren't the place for that kind. I mean really, what does that image have to do with anything computer related, and how is any of it productive to anyone else (and that's assuming they ARE going to kill someone)?
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Originally posted by chsh

Hey Korp, if it will let them not kill someone, I'm all for it, but perhaps these forums really aren't the place for that kind. I mean really, what does that image have to do with anything computer related, and how is any of it productive to anyone else (and that's assuming they ARE going to kill someone)?
    Keep in mind this is the general chit-chat section. I don't think there is any rules for submission to the chit-chat section, do you?

Don't take me the wrong way; I'm just saying if you don't want to look at it, then don't clickity-click it.

You don't think by flaming them you're gonna change their minds, do you? I don't think your that naive.
    There are many other posts you could spend your time contributing to, that's all I'm saying.

P.S. sorry if you've read this before but I feel the need to restate it.

Winning an argument online (in a chat room) is like winning in the special olympics, I mean, you're still retarded, right?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm not the one that posted this thread, so don't flame me. I was merely explaining why we did that picture. So what if it's a cheerleader having been knifed? That's what we chose to draw. It doesn't mean we spend all our time dwelling on how much we hate the cheerleaders. He had Paint Shop Pro, and I wanted to see what he could do with it. I must say, I'm impressed. I can't speak for psychosquee on this one, I haven't said anything related to hating the cheerleaders in quite a while. But of course, as soon as I say something, I'm automatically labeled as 'obsessed'. Thank you very much. If you don't like the topic, don't post to it. It's that simple. You won't like everything in these forums. Learn to deal with it, or get out.

Also, this is the 'General Chit Chat' section. That means we can post whatever is on our mind. People post things of no relation to computers here all the time. They don't get flamed for it. I would appreciate the same treatment, especially since I'm not the one who started the thread. Maybe some of you should think before you post next time. I

Remote_Access_: Maybe you should look at yourself before you post one of those "You're dumb." posts. You have openly admitted to not knowing much at all about computers. If you don't believe me, I do happen to remember a post where you admitted that you don't know how to build a computer. Building a computer isn't hard. Maybe you should post something that came from your mind, instead of just other people's tutorials. You're entitled to your opinion on the pic, but quit trying to climb up my ass because you don't like it. You're after the wrong person. Also, why not try thinking for yourself for once, instead of jumping on every bandwagon you see?

After reading this posts I've decided that it'd be in my better judgement not to open that picture. Cause I don't hate cheerleaders, of course, that may just be cause my school seems to be...different. The cheerleaders are mostly nice, intelligent, and not full of themselves. But the sort of people that you guys hate do exist, and at my school we just call them sluts.
    Why am I still here?

Everybody should relax a little bit.

It's only a picture that someone drew with Tux in it. He thought some people here would get a kick out of it because it is known that a lot of computer geeks weren't necessarily the "popular" people in high school.

I don't think there was anything wrong with him posting it here. AntiOnline has become a community, and chat isn't limited to security related subjects especially in the general chat area.

As KorpDeath said "don't clickity-click it". There's more important things in this world to be worrying about than someones sense of humor that you don't like.

For crying out load, its a penguin stabbing someone. It's fictional! I've seen worse on prime time tv.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    Keep in mind this is the general chit-chat section. I don't think there is any rules for submission to the chit-chat section, do you?
    No, but I would hope that we could at least keep things civil here.

Don't take me the wrong way; I'm just saying if you don't want to look at it, then don't clickity-click it.
    Unfortunately, the link was pasted into IRC, and I didn't even see the thread title before I came into the thread. Had I, I would never have bothered.

You don't think by flaming them you're gonna change their minds, do you? I don't think your that naive.
    There are many other posts you could spend your time contributing to, that's all I'm saying.
    To be honest, no, I don't think so. Perhaps I'm merely venting my frustrations at obviously yet another pointless thread. It's threads like this that are making the good people post less, and I can certainly see why.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

99.99% of the stuff that's on the internet is bull$@#t......

But it's the 0.01% of the stuff that makes it all worth while.

Don't let it get to you so much. Just shrug and let it roll off your back.

Joke'em if they can't take a f%$#!!!!

"Good people" shouldn't give up so easily.

Let's go contribute to another thread, shall we?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted by jared_c

Everybody should relax a little bit.

It's only a picture that someone drew with Tux in it. He thought some people here would get a kick out of it because it is known that a lot of computer geeks weren't necessarily the "popular" people in high school.

I don't think there was anything wrong with him posting it here. AntiOnline has become a community, and chat isn't limited to security related subjects especially in the general chat area.

As KorpDeath said "don't clickity-click it". There's more important things in this world to be worrying about than someones sense of humor that you don't like.

For crying out load, its a penguin stabbing someone. It's fictional! I've seen worse on prime time tv.

Yes, this is exactly what I have been trying to say. Thank you.

GOD DAMN! Talk about a huge overreaction from some of you people! If you're going to be an uptight *******, get out of the chit-chat section. The computer related stuff is in the other forums (that means YOU, chsh), so if that's what you want to talk about, go to one of those forums. This forum is unregulated, so if you don't like one of the threads, don't bitch about it. Nobody forced you to go to the link when it was posted in IRC. You did it on your own free will. ****ing whiner....honestly. Now I see the true reason many of the good people left. All the uptight *******s have taken over. I'm really considering leaving this site right now. This place used to be friendly. Now, it sucks.

I know this isn't going to be popular, but some of what oblio has to say is true. Nobody here is a security expert, which is fine. However, this place is not for people to pose as security experts. There is nothing more depressing than somebody who pretends to be somebody they're not, or a person who just goes with the crowd all the time like some cow (hmmm... the handle 'Remote_Access_' comes to mind). I see sides of oblio's argument right now that I never saw before. I'm not saying his actions are justified, but much of his cause is. In the wake of this load of bullshit, the thought of leaving this site is more tempting right now than ever. I've been frustrated with the way this site has been going for a long time, but now I think it's beyond help. These forums have become nothing more than a giant flame war.

Don't ya just hate it when it posts twice?

I think that picture officially lowered my IQ a couple points.
    \"And everyone knows, that the world is full of stupid people\"