Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antipoint Earners

Question Antipoint Earners

I've noticed that a few of the Top 15 Antipoint earners have a bit of a grudge against people takeing their spot.

*cough Conf1rm3d_K1ll cough*

<ranting>
    I shouldn't recieve negative points just for beating you for your place. How you recieved as many positive points as you have is beyond my reasoning. It appears that a few of you have a grudge against the majority of my post. No big deal. You may or may not agree with what I have to say but I think this rateing system would be much improved if people actually started giveing out points and not just the negative ones. I am curious as to why some of you disapprove of posting links from other sites. I know it's their information therefore I provide the link for users to know where I got the information. It could be because I recieve compliments on post such as those and for some reason it seems to irritate a few of you..

Why is that?

Is there something wrong with provideing USEFUL information instead of takeing up space with threads like "A day in the life of oblio", ignorant polls, and many many more threads like that. I at least make an attempt to help people when I can and provide AO with news and other information.. and yet I continue to recive flames, complaints, negative points, etc.
    </ranting>

Remote_Access_

The only reason I get antipoints nowadays is because I already have them. I feel like an investment banker. Oooh! Tingly.

I don't have that problem though...
    I'm a perfectly well adjusted person...
    I'm not bitter about anything trivial...
    DAMN YOU ENNIS! YOU STOLE MY TOP POSTER STATUS! ARRGGHH! FEEL THE WRATH OF ALL-CAPS!
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Question Antipoints

I have to disagree with you Terr. You have several good post and you deserved those points. You and the other higher level AP earners dont have that problem because you dont have AP wars and abuse the system like some of the other users. Mainly the middle to lower proportion of the top 15 AP earners but not all of them. Just a few..

Remote_Access_

By the way, please turn the CAPS OFF!

The anti point system are definitely being abused. I got negative points for posting on the computer history thread. And for what? did I say anything wrong or flame anybody?
    And this is not from any junior member.

Lightbulb Good example

That's a good example Focmaester.. I recieve a number of negative points for no apparent reason. Even on some of my better post and I know it's not from any junior member or regular member.. it's usually the senior members. I'll give you points for that Focmaester when I can.. I've given out too many today.

Remote_Access_

About negative points ...

I got negative points in the disabling telnet thread ... with a message that said "Great post!" or some such ... clearly, not a negative point comment. <sigh> Oh, well ... I guess I'll have to make up for that.

~N~

Hi mom!
    Same here, I received some weird negative antipoint too - I stopped getting them as soon as I dropped out of the top15 antipoint-list. One was signed 'FreeOn' - I asked him, but he didn't give them to me.

Originally posted by Focmaester
    The anti point system are definitely being abused. I got negative points for posting on the computer history thread. And for what? did I say anything wrong or flame anybody?
    And this is not from any junior member.
    I agree !
    The same happened to me in the thread "UNIX is short for what?". Just because I liked the topic and said "nice work" I got negative antipoints.

I don't know about that.. But I would give the antipoints to the thread i disliked and maybe I would send a message to them who liked the thread and try to convince them about that they are wrong and that the main post is bad, bad.

But ofcourse if someone did it that way he or she would not remain unknown anymore.. It's to easy to give negative antipoints when people are afraid of be honest and avoid state their names.

I would like to have a reply function to all antipoints. Then the giver or taker can remain anonymous! But the person who has got the antipoints can still defend them self without to continue post the "abuse" information in the thread.

Kind regards !
    ~newbie

AntiOnline Senior Member
    You guys were lucky to get only one thing happen to you! I had 5 negative antipoint posts against me for no reason whatsoever.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Banned
    Originally posted by Terr
    The only reason I get antipoints nowadays is because I already have them. I feel like an investment banker. Oooh! Tingly.

I don't have that problem though...
    I'm a perfectly well adjusted person...
    I'm not bitter about anything trivial...
    DAMN YOU ENNIS! YOU STOLE MY TOP POSTER STATUS! ARRGGHH! FEEL THE WRATH OF ALL-CAPS!
    Muhahahaha! Hey it happens to us all, some neg AP I get have comments that are completely non-senical,

'Good post but I gonna go red'

And that one was harsh points wise, dont let it make you become a sleibhin as we say in Ireland.