Thread: Which one is the best for POP3 checking?

Which one is the best for POP3 checking?

Hi There

In your uponion what is the best and secure program for checking POP3 mails?
    outlook, eudora, ............................... and why?

I myself have used just outlook express.and haven't tested others.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    I NEVER use Outlook or Outlook express for the simple reason that the majority of the worms are written to perform best in outlook.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Exactly what VictorKaum said...OE/Outlook completely suck my ass as far as 'security' is concerned. Sure, they might be the easiest to use, but damn, that's because they come with the OS (95/98/NT/2000/etc). Add in the fact that everyone on the planet seems to want to write 'viruses' and other "malicious" (god I love that overused word) stuff to break other people's WINDOWS machines on TOP of Microsoft saying "Yeah, to make it easier and more glitzy, we've enabled vbscript in emails!"...

Riiiiiiiight. I use Opera 6's embedded mail client, which is pretty good. It's got security plugins (www.thawte.com) and I don't have to worry about some damned .vbs running amuck. Eudora is promoted by Opera (and vice versa), so I know Eudora's good too. It's got a lot of filters and rules specifically aimed at families.

On linux, good ol' sendmail (fully patched, of course) or qmail (good easier alternative).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I see , thank u gys