Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Talent

DEFCON

See what someone who knows defcon if they have any ideas maybe email blue rose at bluerose.com c if she has any input for you as for me SCREW EM.
    Who would Trust their Security to a Penguin?
    \"Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost
    any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and
    hand guns.\"

Originally posted by SecurityAdmin
    See what someone who knows defcon if they have any ideas maybe email blue rose at bluerose.com c if she has any input for you as for me SCREW EM.
    I'd like to say SCREW EM more than anybody, believe me. However, we can't really afford the litigation/headache that comes with fighting the DMCA . I hope I can find some legal solution.

Originally posted by MrBert
    Damn good Idea. I think that is such a good idea. 3rd party security teams are going to be big in the next few years. I Would personally love to be involved in any such program.
    Not if the Damn DMCA sticks around . Not with these big companies saying "We don't like it that Company XXX found some big vulnerability in our big product. Let's sue them/have them arrested." Right now I'm so upset

Ratman

:'( Quit being down about and do something. I know all companies hate vulnerbilities being exposed but you need to just get after it and quit being afraid look at the guy who id'd the passport vulnerability against microsoft they never sued him and also he did not have permission like I said before screm them hell u can even operate on my TAX ID number you cannot allow them to stop u from accomplishing what you want. If you want to put your tail between your legs and roll over thats your buisness but I think a lot of folks would support you on this.
    hand guns.\"

DMCA ALLOWS CRACKING

ยท Does permit the cracking of copyright protection devices, however, to conduct encryption research, assess product interoperability, and test computer security systems.

So DMCA isnt a problem. Move On RATMAN.
    hand guns.\"

Ratman2:

I also live in CT, what a coincidence, eh? Anyway, I interned for the information security division of a pretty big corporation in the Hartford area and we actually evaluated the viability of a "tiger team" vs. software based security auditing tools. Basically, our findings were that it was much more effective and efficient to have software-based auditing via a combination of tools for our various environments (mainframe, unix, and NT), rather than having a team do vulnerability checks, and read through code to find vulnerabilities. I don't mean to totally crush your plans, as there is certainly work out there for security consultants and such, but I would probably bolster your business with general computer consulting, as well as security consulting. At the very least, it will give you a broad client base that you can have continuing relations with, rather than a "once every year" deal.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Originally posted by Wizeman
    Ratman2:

I also live in CT, what a coincidence, eh? Anyway, I interned for the information security division of a pretty big corporation in the Hartford area and we actually evaluated the viability of a "tiger team" vs. software based security auditing tools. Basically, our findings were that it was much more effective and efficient to have software-based auditing via a combination of tools for our various environments (mainframe, unix, and NT), rather than having a team do vulnerability checks, and read through code to find vulnerabilities. I don't mean to totally crush your plans, as there is certainly work out there for security consultants and such, but I would probably bolster your business with general computer consulting, as well as security consulting. At the very least, it will give you a broad client base that you can have continuing relations with, rather than a "once every year" deal.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    Wizeman, that's EXACTLY what we plan on once we're a little further off of the ground...bacially, my Partner described us as a "tech plaza." If it involves a box, we would do it .

update

Been tied up with a stomach bug so i havn't been able to get too much done . Also still waiting on new HD for my other box (come on Compaq)

good to go

We're good to go....I'll be contacting interesed people over the weekend sometime

Re: I will help u out

Originally posted by linuxcomando
    Hey Ratman2, I would love to help you out in some of my free time i think that would be cool! let me know the details and everything
    Originally posted by MrBert
    Damn good Idea. I think that is such a good idea. 3rd party security teams are going to be big in the next few years. I Would personally love to be involved in any such program.
    Originally posted by SecurityAdmin
    I will give you guys a hand in helping you get started or assistance Someone once helped me get my company started so I am willing to give you a hand likewise I currently run a tiger team as well as other things. take a look at my webpage and get back to me if I can assist you in any way.My Website
    Need your E-mails