Win vs Linux (SETI@home)

Thread: Win vs Linux (SETI@home)

Talking Win vs Linux (SETI@home)

Hi all,
    I'm using a program SETI@home is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI).
    Ok there are too version of this program for Windows for Linux solaris and so on.
    I have tried use first the version for Linux RH 7.2 after I have download the version for Windows this are the result.
    linux 18h19m48.9sec
    windows 42h56m20.3sec
    Great linux is about 230% more fast than the same program running on a linux machine?
    I have used a PII 350Mhz with 256Mb RAM and more...
    The hard disk 1 with Windows is a DMA33 and the hard disk with linux not is an old fujitsu.
    Why?Why?Why?
    Ohhhhh but linux is better than Windows, maybe?
    Tell me if U are using the same program and U have the samne result, I'm very curius.
    By ICE
    Share on Google+

"Great linux is about 230% more fast than the same program running on a linux machine?"

???
    Share on Google+

THWONK makes a lot of sense bro. Nice negative points for me asking WTF your stupid tail was talking about when you posted something incorrectly. God, some people are so retarded.
    Share on Google+

I remeber running that program. It was along time ago on a little Windows box (120MHz, 32Mb)..It only used to run as a screen saver and took forever. I think I got bored with it after a month or so and it had only analyzed 8% of the data....

If anyone is interested in the search for ET you can download the screensaver HERE .......
    Share on Google+

I run seti@home too, my average time is 7h42m43sec
    --
    \"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.\"
    Dennis Ritchie.
    Share on Google+