Thread: Leader of Yihat tried to commit suicide on-line but was stopped by police

Cool Leader of Yihat tried to commit suicide on-line but was stopped by police

Kim 'Kimble' Schmitz, self-styled 'uber hacker' and front man for the Young Intelligent Hackers Against Terror network, has had his plans to stage an online suicide thwarted by the authorities.
    Following a fall from being a 'hacking hero' to a laughing stock Schmitz, who claimed to have hacked Osama bin Laden's bank details said that "enough is enough" and threatened to commit suicide online today.

But his potential last headline grabbing act was thwarted after German authorities arrested him on Friday afternoon outside the Grand Hyatt Erawan hotel in Bangkok in relation to a string of financial crimes.

According to German newspaper Der Spiegel, Schmitz was arrested in relation to an insider trading deal which saw him turn $370,000 worth of shares into $1.5m. Schmitz is billed to appear at an immigration hearing today.

A message on his kimble.org website claims that he was set to do himself in at around 4:15pm. A self-appreciating monologue details the fall of a "super-brain" and "internet tycoon" to a "braggart, trickster and fraud".

It now seems unlikely that Schmitz will get to carry out his threat.

I think it was the local Bangkok police force, rather than German authorities. They're currently checking about extradition now. As for whether he really planned suicide... I sort of doubt it. I think it would be more of a "attention-getting" event (perhaps realistic, perhaps not.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Angry Damnit

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, YIHAT are a bunch of pretenders.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Yeah I just don't get it. These people who think they are so elite. Doesn't it always seem that the get screwed in the end. They make being a hacker so glamourus when it's actually pretty god damn stupid. Maybe I'm missing it but I used to play the game I know what goes on. I somtimes still do, just because I'm bored. It just doesn't seem so great of a thing to do anymore. Plus stealing is even better, this guy is no better then a shoplifter!

As for this guy, hahahahaha!

yeh... the truth is i also don't get it
    it seems so very odd to me...
    how can an intelligent person
    commit suicide for nothing...
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Cool

well the logic of his action is quite simple really.. if you watch Dragon Ball Z.. lolz

Yihat has made lots of enemies since the publication of their activity of hacking the arabian banks.. he was even paranoid that someone in the Islamic World might want to send someone to kill him.. and he did do a public plead for that..

as Vegeta once said.. " A noble warrior wouldnt want more than a noble death.." Kimble considers himself as a noble warrior.. and wouldnt want more than a noble death.. which is not only death in real life but also death in the cyber world.. thus doing it on-line...

he would rather kill himself in a noble death on-line than having being harassed and threatened and ridiculed for the rest of his life..

Hmm, I've actually always considered the term "noble warrior" to be oxymoronic, and the fact is that he is neither noble nor a warrior.

Cool

But was he really going to commit suicide or was it for show?