Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest guestions of this universe

consider this:

everything is made up of the same basic things, (we currentally conseve this basically as protons and neutrons and such...im not going to get into that though)

if everyhting is made up of the same basic thing, therefore everyhting must have came from one basic thing, just broken up

therfore
    everyhting came from everything
    hence

anyhting is everything

because everyhting is made up of the same origional thing,everyhting has a connection to everyhting else.

the strength of that connection depends on how far from the origional "everything" that specific "thing" is.

....i dontthink i explained that well... im going to go have to find my writings on it all...hhehhe
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

4. Does the universe ever end?
    5. Is there life out there?

4. Nope. As my old science teacher used to say "There is always stuff".
    5. Yup. They already discovered bacteria on other planets (i forget which one) and I think that is considered life. If it's not, then I still think that some where out there, there is life.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Originally posted by jared_c

4. Nope. As my old science teacher used to say "There is always stuff".
    5. Yup. They already discovered bacteria on other planets (i forget which one) and I think that is considered life. If it's not, then I still think that some where out there, there is life.
    I beg to differ sir..they haven't found bacteria on other planets...they found a meteorite from mars that they thought had bacteria FOSSILS in it but they have since recanted that theory.

I do believe that in one of those trillions and trillions of galaxies that there has to be life

Banned
    Originally posted by Jared_c
    Does the universe ever end?
    Is there life out there?
    I think it's fair enough to say that IF the universe does not end, there IS life out there....
    I'm not going to start another 'Shakespeare-monkey'-discussion, but the reasoning is the same... that is if you assume that life starts by coincidence...

But a never-ending universe is something my brain can't handle...neither is a limited universe, actually...

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: Negative

This is a Shakespeare-monkey discussion

Let's take the macro-situation of the universe well there are many micro-situations who could lead to something called live but there's only 1 set of microsituations that makes the Earth to be the Earth in macro-situation... So other live is probably sure (this some kind of language contradiction but it's mathematical true), but cause the start pattern is very sensible to variance in start variables this life form can be exactly the same as ours or entirly different.
    Help, what the hell am I saying here...

If the universe has no end then we have to ask ourselves what's "no end" does this exist? Are we humans able to think in non-ending ways?

Originally posted by antihaxor
    I beg to differ sir..they haven't found bacteria on other planets...they found a meteorite from mars that they thought had bacteria FOSSILS in it but they have since recanted that theory.
    Ah, I see.... I take it back then... Thanks for pointing that out

I think the Matrix has us all......
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Now we are getting something out of this
    Anyone wants any cheese snakes?
    consider this:

consider this:

everything is made up of the same basic things, (we currentally conseve this basically as protons and neutrons and such...im not going to get into that though)

if everyhting is made up of the same basic thing, therefore everyhting must have came from one basic thing, just broken up
    So where has that one basic thing come? that's strange... has it been here always? or has someone or something made it?

well, I'm quite tired now, so I'll go to bed
    G'nite to u all

Question Reverse Psychology

Originally posted by casper3699
    Here is some more.

I only address #5...

Has anyone ever pondered this: What if WE are the other life 'out there'?
    Perhaps there is an entire galactic community somewhere else, and we're the 'red-headed step children' of the universe...

(No offense to any red-headed folks with a remarried parent, of course... )
    \"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former.\" -- Albert Einstein

Question Questions...

1. What is the meaning of life?

2. What is love?

3. Which ones are better, chips or cheese snacks?

1. The meaning of life? ...Nothing I say. Where just here because we are. Wheather it be a game to God or a move in a chessgame of evolution...

2. What is Love? ...Just the bonding of two (or three ) individuals who care about each other tens of thousands of times greater than any other living creature on earth...Beware though, this may change over time...

3. Which ones are better? ...Hmmm, I'd have to go with cheese snacks....AAhhhh!, the Power of Cheese.

4. Does the universe ever end? ...Well, I beleive so. I've [always] pictured the universe as a giant cube. Once you reach and end you pop up on the other side, for there is no where else to go. And in this universe there are loopholes to other universes and/or dimesnsions (this theory might actually be proven wrong...look at my E=Mc^2 thread for that ).

5. Is there life out there? ...Well, what do you call Earth? ...We can't possibly be the only ones. There has to be another third-planet-from-the-sun somehwere in the vast (endless?) empty un-oxygenic 'space'...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: Cubr

4. Does the universe ever end? ...Well, I beleive so. I've [always] pictured the universe as a giant cube. Once you reach and end you pop up on the other side, for there is no where else to go. And in this universe there are loopholes to other universes and/or dimesnsions
    I have a problem with this: if you look at the universe as a giant cube... where does the cube is placed in? You cannot think the universe as I giant cube cause otherwise the cube has to be in space... if your cube IS space and together he is IN space then it might be difficult to call this thing a cube, just call it space...

If we lived in a giant refrigerator without knowledge about the door to get out how can we state then that we live in a refrigerator.

other example: the story of a strange type of 2D people on a giant circle.
    If they say space has no end, but they don't know that they and their instruments and measures become smaller and smaller when they approach the edge (so that they will never reach the edge) which theory is true then? they become smaller and space is ending or they stay the same and space is not ending? The people that become smaller could not know. They do not have a standard to compare to. They have two theories with the same logical and empirical result, but they are unable to say which one is true... look at us 3D ppl we are in the same case...