Thread: Routing

Question Routing

Hi, guys. I have a question. Is there a way to unblock locked ips on a remote router? Would you have to telnet, or ip spoofing. Thanks.
    sandwich.

Well...you can't unblck an IP, but you might be able to make the router think you are really a valid source. So...yes...IP spoofing might work

Exclamation

you can telnet in or you can access the console assuming:
    1. you have the passwords,
    2. you should be doing this in the first place.

by blocked - do you mean by access list or filter? if acl go in and edit the ips or deactivate the acl.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

it's for port access that are shutdown
    sandwich.

Anyone else? The problem is that my Admin at work is pissed at me and locked out all my ports but 80 from the router so I cant IM. I think I said someting or she thinks I did. Whatever. So are there any ways around it? I also can't use my Limewire (Bitch!).
    sandwich.

Semi-solution

Here's a good way to IM through things that block ports. www.oldversion.com, download AIM 4.2, install it, go into its preferences, and tell it to go through port 80. I think you can proxy all traffic through port 80 as well.

i CHANGED THE PORT TO 80 FOR AIM. sTILL DIDN'T WORK.
    sandwich.

Cool

Port 80 is the only one open ey?

hmm.. one way to get around it is to get the admin login name and password and change it yourself.. and she could have blocked those ports straight from your workstation or from her server.. so its a 50/50 guess..

if it was in the server though.. i'd check if she had Hyper Terminal installed in her server.. and i'd install the Client in my workstation and access the server from my desk.. but that would be too risky too..