Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: theories of mine

Cool

1. The Dopper Effect takes precedence here...there can be no sound if there is no medium(Air, Water, etc) to trasmit through. (Which is why space(a vacuum) does not carry sound waves, Sonic) It's impossible to 'jump' sound waves from one place to another, thus creating silence at the source and sound elsewhere from said source.
    Sound is only a VIBRATION, which is passed along by moving mass, such as atoms and molecules. In a vacuum, it is empty.
    non taken Terr lol..

well i dont think u got my theory right... ill explain further..

Yes.. sound is only a vibration which is passed along my moving mass..
    In my theory.. sound waves do NOT go through a vacum or a tunnel of emptyness.. but it will however OPEN a certain time/space "hole" by distorting molecular space... in which the hole opens the sound can then go through the hole.. from Plane 1 to Plane 2.. the travel in Plane 2 for a while.. and go back to Plane 1.. Plane 2 is not a tunnel but a parallel universe..

take it like this... to pick up or get a piece of coin burried under a pile of grain.. you need to shuv your hand to get it right? in the process the grain makes way for your hand to get to the coin..

Same logic as my theory.. Soundwaves pushes molecular space appart to open a 'hole'

and yeah.. im sure this is debatable as any Quantum Physics theories.. so yeah.. hehe

Terr...

That's almost precisely what I was trying to say, though just with a slightly different method.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Originally posted by s0nIc
    take it like this... to pick up or get a piece of coin burried under a pile of grain.. you need to shuv your hand to get it right? in the process the grain makes way for your hand to get to the coin..

Same logic as my theory.. Soundwaves pushes molecular space appart to open a 'hole'
    Uhm... You COULD shape sound waves to open a hole, but only by vibrating mass away from an area... in other words, a vacuum. The hole you'd get would not be transdimensional or anything.

At the Hong Kong Science Museum they had a sound exhibit with big clear long tube half-full of little round styrofoam spheres (about the size of a BB). On one end, there was a mesh opening, at the other, a speaker. When you turned the speaker on the 'constant hum' setting, the styrofoam balls would actually start to move and create little hills and valleys. Turning it up higher could even cause you to get peaks with the top consisting of a wall (perpendicular to the direction of the pipe) five balls high and one thick.

In that case, sound DID push the matter out of the way (Air was still present, however), I mean, it shows sound can influence the macroscopic arrangement of matter, but it doesn't "break" any laws (or any dimensional fabrics... or dimensional quilts, scarves, or buttons, for that matter.)

I think what you're talking about is actually taking a pile of grain, sticking your hand in, and having your hand come out a mile away from another pile of grain.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Cool

I think what you're talking about is actually taking a pile of grain, sticking your hand in, and having your hand come out a mile away from another pile of grain.
    exactly.. but see.. all we have to do is to use sound waves to influence space itself to open not a tunnel.. but a window..

same logic as ermm.. pumpin up your radio and opening the window.. and the ppl outside the house can hear your music.. same as my theory.. use soundwaves open a window and can be heard in Plane 2... then from plane 2 you open another window to Plane 1 and you can hear the sound again in Plain 1 but from a different location...

but like i said.. its just a theory.. hehehe very debatable...

okay...

on the rate at which sound waves diffuse...

take a gander at the Sound Reinforcement Handbook written for yamaha by Gary Davis and Ralph Jones

isbn-0-88188-900-8

trust me on this one, I'm a guitarist good insight in dat book!!

~THEJRC~
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

gravity exists?

as promised, here is the alternate theory to gravity.

first a little note, scientists can not prove that gravity exist. They can only measure it's effect on things. Einstien's best explanation on gravity was a bowling ball on a bed, a heavy object bending space. Some scientists even discuss it in multiple dimensions. but could gravity be an optical illusion?

Let me explain this in a simple form. For this simplistic view we will set up a hypothetical universe. Imagine that in this universe, there are only two objects. You and a planet size sphere, which you are standing on. In this hypothetical universe, there in no gravity. At least not in the convention way, meaning all objects are attracted to each other. The only rule here is that all objects are constantly doubling in size. You wouldn't notice the doubling, because you and the ball would both remain in the same proportions. You wouldn't feel you matter doubling any more than you feel your atoms activity now. (you don't feel your cells dying, nor do you feel the earth spinning around the sun at a high velocity. Thus the doubling is possibly without notice.) The only effect you would see is the supposed gravity. The balls growth would be constantly pushing against you and you against it. If you tried to jump away from the ball, there would be a momentary space created, but the doubling will fill the gap instantly. No gravity, it would just look and feel like it. Visually it would seem that the ball has more "gravitational pull" than you do, because you seem to be attracted to it and not it to you. This corresponds with our current view of gravity. Imagine a bowling ball and a marble. Double them both in size. The marble would look like a marble, but the bowling ball would seem huge. Larger objects when doubled, seem to have a larger impact in relation to smaller objects. Thus, the illusion that bigger objects have more gravity. Now move this hypothetical universe to our own. The only new rule you would need to add to this for the Expanding Matter Theory to work, and that is a universe where all the planets are moving awy from one and other. It appears our universe is expanding. There really isn't anything that stops this from working.

This theory was persued by one physicist a few years back. But he had no luck, since this could not be proven experimentally and because he was a "heretic" for challenging the conventional views of the universe. Wasn't there some guy named Copernicus who got killed for making the "radical" claim that the sun was the center of our galaxy? But wasn't he right?