Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AO Newsletter #1

Oh yeah, I just thought of one more thing. All of the policies in the world won't help if a user is savvy enough to hit F8 at Win9x boot message "Starting Win9X". This can allow a user to boot to a DOS prompt and all sorts of havoc can be wreaked from there. Fortunately it's easy to disable the boot keys by adding or modify the BootKeys= entry located in C:\MSDOS.SYS to 0. Here is an M$ knowledge base article on all of the settings located in this file.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q118579
    Humans are the weakest link in the computer security chain...

Lightbulb News letter

Am interested in a news letter, but i would be glad to get it in html or plain text format. there R many who are working on machines which does not contain a reader for .pdf files. that is why am requesting for such a thing

Lightbulb News letter

Am interested in a news letter, but i would be glad to get it in html or plain text format. there R many who are working on machines which does not contain a reader for .pdf files. that is why am requesting for such a thing

Thumbs up

MsMittens,Ennis----A big thank you for your efforts in putting this together......I'm looking forward to #2 I haven't been around for awhile and what a pleasant surprise!!!!
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

Excelent work! ! !
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Talking Newsletter (an apology)

Excellent work guys!! The reason why this is an apology is because i was meant to write a bit for it Ill get it to ennis and msmittens for the next issue (work permitting)

Thumbs up

CONGRATEZ!!! a job well done. a very informative newsletter.

rgds
    de

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

Glad to see everyone enjoyed it! Again, kudos to Ennis for putting this one together.

For those of you interested in submitting articles, you can send them to me at msmittens@msmittens.com in plain text or word format. Or send it in the body of a PM. Deadline: February 22, 2002 Midnight EST.

And for those having difficulties reading the newsletter, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with your email. I can forward it to you in plain text format.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thumbs up

Keep-up the good work Msm and Ennis . I wish to contribute to the February issue too.
    Have a nice day guys!!!

“I expect to pass through this life but once. Therefore, if there be any
    kindess I can show, or any good thing I can do for another human being, let me
    do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.”
    -William Penn

kudos-

Very decent first newsletter. Do you need/want others submitting material for the newsletter? If so, where can one send an article or whatever?

OverandOut.
    comJo