Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Wargame

AO Wargame

hey.. why not someone start an AO wargame?

I have to agree with Terr on these topics. Starting war games and such will just bring a bunch of "l33t" wannabes to the site, something JP is trying to get rid of with the recent improvements to the site...

If you want war games I believe cyberarmy run a few competitions....

today a person in irc.antionline.com asked that same question and the great JP spoke

he said the war games were going to be brought here networked with computers on its own T1 line to not distrupt AO. He spoke that the wargames would have sumthin to be based on anti-points so if u intend to participate in it i suggest u attempt to bring up ur AO points

thats all that was really said but u should keep ur eyes open for it in the up commin months from what he said

while on the subject , u can get quicker answers to questions by going to irc.antionline.com or usin the java chat client here - > http://services.antionline.com/

also read my post on AO irc chat here -> http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=153305

_NetSyn_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Conf1rm3d_K1ll: not when we have rules.. like any wargames. we need rules..

and probably let members with 45 antipoints or higher let have access to the wargames..
    so we can be sure that the ones who are in the wargame are da good guys hehe..

we juz need some regulations.. and ermm do post on the site we have a wargame but the details would be e-mailed to the people who are qualified to join the wargame..

Re: AO Wargame

Ermm.. I think that the AO members participating in the AO wargames should have more than 45 points. After all, it should be a privlege to participate and encourage members to post better threads and replies. For instance a member with 300 points should have more site privleges than a member with 45. Just my opinion though.

Remote_Access_

I agree on that...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Re: s0nic

A wargame eh? If there is ever going to be a wargame I hope it's not one of those simple "hack-the-password-and-debug/dissassemble-VB Programs" hacking challenge. For I hate those (especially when it gets to the VB part, that just ruins my day...). And there should be more than one wargame going. One for Linux, then another for Windows [users]. So both 'worlds' can get the best part.

Also, if JP is going to design his own wargame, he should really put some thought into it and see if he can make it where people actually learn from this experiance rather then just fail over and over again without any knowledge of what their doing wrong (or right, if they just randomly guess the password/username/whatever). But, get ready for a whole new: "AO Wargame" forum, when right now I think the place is a bit 'overcrowded'. I think he should actually wait a bit for this wargame to come up. I mean,...in the past month there have been record changes in AO (at least to me ). But it's all up to him.

And I agree with Remote_Access_ here, a 300 point user probably is more respected and well known and should have more privledges than the average user. And besides, JP promised: more antipoints more privledges....so, this may be one of them.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

hey Remote_Access_!! lastnight you only had two green dots!! and now you have five!! haha how did you get so much in such short time?!! lolz

Re: Green Dots

hey Remote_Access_!! lastnight you only had two green dots!!
    - yup

and now you have five!! haha how did you get so much in such short time?!! lolz
    *shrugs* I dunno.. I racked up alot of points for Human cloning and The Death Penalty threads.. I didn't know everyone would be that interested in those topic but thanks again everyone for your opinions, replies, and points.

Remote_Access_

Re: Re: AO Wargame

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    Ermm.. I think that the AO members participating in the AO wargames should have more than 45 points. After all, it should be a privlege to participate and encourage members to post better threads and replies. For instance a member with 300 points should have more site privleges than a member with 45. Just my opinion though.

Remote_Access_
    yeah but i think that there should be some subjective reasoning to it too. Not just some shiney magical number that people must hit to be alloud but a shiney magical number that should be alloud before you could apply like a senior member and 200 antipoints then a moderators final say. Definatly a moderators final say.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.