Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A "Free" Forum

A "Free" Forum sounds like a great idea !

Originally posted by Terr

WHOAH! BRAIN FART! Here's an idea!
    New antipoint-assignment option for advanced users (maybe requires an extra click or two)... the option: "assign toward even". This means that if the post was negative or positive, you could choose "assign toward even" rather than just "agree" or "disagree".

If a user chose that, then the system would record them as having assigned just enough antipoints to bring the post to an 'even' level, up to their max antipoint-whumph...
    EXCELLENT idea!! I will be giving you greenpoits for this one later.(my daily quota is used)
    That is the perfect solution for a problem I forsee....and that is someone making false claims of unjust points just for the sympathy (and probable +points) You could then just make it even.

Originally posted by antihaxor
    That is the perfect solution for a problem I forsee....and that is someone making false claims of unjust points just for the sympathy (and probable +points) You could then just make it even.
    True, I've noticed a lot of "sympathy ploy" around lately.

EXCELLENT idea!! I will be giving you greenpoits for this one later.(my daily quota is used)
    NO! Give me red, I BEG YOU!! I feel so guilty! It's like having a nice dinner and then sitting down and seeing a documentary on starving children in Uganda!

Edit/Add:

Ooh! Additional thing: Can it put the remainder of the points into a "even" tank, so that even if people assign "badly placed" points after you even it, you get your full value? Hmm... wait... I mean...

Post has -4, Your member category assigns 8pts for every assignment. You assign-to-even the post. The post goes to 0, and the remaining 4 of your points are put in the (default 0) 'even' point pool for that post. Whenever anyone changes that post, it takes one of their points to counteract one of yours.

So the next person, whose member category assigns 6pts, decides he doesn't like the user who made the post. 4 of his points counteract the 4 in the 'even pool', so the post is down to -2 pts...

I know it is sort of overcomplicated... <shrug>
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Anti-points

Sounds good to me. I like the thought that one can 'shade' one's Anti-point assignment, especially on the more subjective subjects. A 'balance' or 'even-it-out' choice sounds good.
    Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum.

I like it, specialy the evening out part.
    Though I wonder: what is the REAL point of antipoints? all that they do is cause trouble like this....
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

AntiHaxor, I agree with your idea for a free forum, and I suggest that you be the moderator. Actually I would like to volunteer to be a moderator too if this forum comes into existence.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

You can have it Preach....I would be happy to post to it though

Just bumping this up to bring attention to the "Assign towards even" idea. (For those posts which you think are mediocre rather than very bad/good, but you don't want to overreact.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I would like that because I tend to get alot of neg antipoints for my opinions. Well hopefully this forum can be up and running soon. Great idea!

I just wanted to reply to this thread and wonder if this is where the "antipoint assignment balance" came from?..also did this forum ever get off the ground? Where's the Preacher?