Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO Newsletter 2 Topics

Senior since the 3 dot era
    The topics suggested by MsMittens promise a lot.
    I hope all those are going to be in the newsletter...

Hello Msm and Ennis

it would be nice to have some programming aspects as well, mainly network sockets and so and so , preferably in C or in java.

The topics in the last one were nice

Banned

Thumbs up

i would really like to see the exploit sections. how to make them , what do they do, and how to patch them. this is something i've been trying to look into for a while now. i also think there should be something for the big time newbies about linux. such as: the advantages, disadvantages, which one to pick, basic installation procedures, partitioning, basic commands, setting up internet etc... hey, maybe i'll write that one up?

some sort of tutorials on perl will do. i am sure they will appreciate the power of perl scripting/programming.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Smile

Maybe somthing in the line of cgi? That way people can get a some c and perl.....
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

some c basics would be nice..
    perl too...

but how about "porkupine" firewalls and creative redirections..
    like that fire on telnet thingy i showed u ppl...

ppl think you have a lame puter on an ip...
    buth what they don't know is that there are many puters and u just see a firewall that looks like a lame puter...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Setting up a home lan with internet connection including hardware and software issues.
    Hardware firewalls, what are they, how are they used and are they worth the $$$, at what level is it time to get one (compared to a software firewall)
    Maybe a bit too basic.. but there are alot of newbies
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

I decided instead of bumping this up to put in a quick reply. We are still looking for more articles for AntiOnline Newsletter #2. I've put suggestions at the beginning of this thread but we're not limited to just those articles. If you have something you'd like to submit, please do so.

You can send it to me via Private Message or email me at msmittens@msmittens.com.

Deadline for submissions: Friday February 22, 2002 Midnight EST
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

How about setting up a secure WLAN?
    Implementing a VPN?(site to site and remote user to site configs)?
    Actual attacks on personal firewalls and tests like Outbound(to show that Sygate is better than them all)
    Setting up a honeynet/tarpit for home.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Programming basics would be good, as Jinx said. Though I think in general maybe basics across a wide range of subjects might be an idea, as there are alot of seriously computer savvy people on AO. And I for one would like more of a chance to learn of them!
    Being selfish and just having got Linux, I'd like to see a basics on Linux included!
    Another idea might be to supply direct web site links on a whole range of subjects. I know Ennis recently made a post which included this....