Thread: Everyone check this out!

I am a cracker

Wink Everyone check this out!

What are some excellent software titles to buy for internet security,(already have nortons 2002 firewall) spys programs, remote trojans, networking programs really Advanced tools NO Lamer tools! Willing to pay any price money is no object!!!!!

Banned
    Internet security eh...... It depends on what OS you have and what needs you have (ex, buisness network, home network, single pc?)

Well... Ok.. Read this post and do the scan on you system.... Then afterit finishes..... See what exploits you are vulnerable for...... If you are using a Windowze box... Then I recommend downloading ZoneAlarm or another firewall and blocking those ports that have something to do with the vulnerability or just look weird... You can check this list to see what port runs which service/trojan.... Well... check out this post for all the good firewalls... And have fun

try using Iris.. its fun

Money is no object huh..

Go for a Checkpoint firewall running on a Nokia IPSO box. Or maybe the latest version of Sniffer Pro....
    My personal opinion however, is that there are free products that provide the same functionality, and are maybe even better!!

Also, Cisco (entercept) Host IDS is pretty cool, and a 30-day trial version can be downloaded from their website. http://www.cisco.com

Commercial Security Software is useless, ie ZoneAlarm or NIS, rather get hardwarelike one
    \"An artist cannot fail, it\'s already a success to be one!\"

\"Before you open your mouth to speak, please make sure it\'s an improvement upon the silence.\"

Originally posted by D'Arte
    Commercial Security Software is useless, ie ZoneAlarm or NIS, rather get hardwarelike one
    Do you even know what you are talking about? Of course not all commercial software is good...but there is a lot that is excellent. ZoneAlarm is a good example....lets see, it does what it is intended to do, and it's free.

Now this is not to say that open source stuff cannot do the same, if not more than many commercial applications, but to say all commercial software is useless is completely wrong, and just makes you look like an idiot. No offense!!

BTW...a hardware security appliance is just a commercial software application bundled with a hardware device that is fine tuned for the application and can be mass produced.

FreeAgent

Exclamation

If money is no object for you then buy me some software also....

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

I am a cracker
    Zonealarm you mean the swiss-cheese- firewall hahhahaha no thanks

Originally posted by I am a cracker
    Zonealarm you mean the swiss-cheese- firewall hahhahaha no thanks
    Any firewall is only as good as the person who configures it. There is quite honestly nothing wrong with ZoneAlarm. I personally use Tiny Personal FW (behind my Checkpoint of course) because I like the interface better. But I have used ZA, and it is not bad. I am assuming you are calling it the swiss-cheese-firewall based on rumors. have you ever hacked a system running ZoneAlarm (And I am not talking about through an open port because if the port is left open...it is not the firewalls fault). Maybe you should do a little research and testing of your own before you decide to bash a product.