Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRC: Antibot

Cool IRC: Antibot

now guys guys dun flame me for this or shower me with neg antipoints.. im just askin a simple question that probably requires a yes or no answer...

Im wondering if we should bring Antibot back in IRC.. i know some of u are annoyed with that /msg identify thing but yeah.. never the less.. its still security..

I didn't mind it. If you are a member, why not identify yourself, it's just like logging in - I say bring it back.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Talking

I'd like to see the newbies as Guest**** again...
    Yesterday there were people herassing me that I had never even heard of (read about) b4..

So I say

Bring on the Bot Just let me /msg AntiBot identify myself...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I think Antibot is indeed needed in the channel.

Antibot should come back, would rather log in everytime for security reasons.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I agree...I'd rather have some form of 'authentication' where people know it's really me. Impersonation is definitely not something new to the internet and I like knowing that the people on the CR are definitely who they "say" they are.

:ickets::

Antibot! Antibot! We want Antibot!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Come back Antibot!!!

I too am one of the believers that Antibot should come back...

Identifying to the bot was not that difficult... I posted once before on how to automate it when logging into AO via mIRC...

Since then, I have broaden'd my client experience, and under XChat, was able to identify with two clicks... not that difficult...
    There probably was on Connect Perform under IRC, but I was drunk when I did it, so I wasn't paying too much attention....

I actually miss Antibot... not only for the identify feature which stopped certain unscrooooopulus *yes, I know I spelt it wrong* characters from playing nick games .... but the other features such as !profile <username> which don't work with AntiChat...

Come Back to us Antibot... We didn't mean it that way when we said you sucked..... we meant it in the good way.....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Cool

lmao@Matty...
    btw.. for those who wants to be automatically identified by Antibot and are using mIRC.. there is a section in the options called "Perform" under "IRC"

in that box just type /msg antibot identify PASSWORD
    and yeah also enable perform.. lolz

so next time when u connect to the server the mIRC script will do the identification for you and you dont have to type it anymore..

JP i hope you are reading this.. hehe we want antibot back!! lolz

Well, since s0nic stole my mIRC automation, I'll just have to give people my semi-automation of identifying on XChat for when JP brings back Antibot... *Please bring back Antibot JP*....

Okay, we open up our XChat client, and connect to irc.antionline.com
    When Antibot is there, it would normally ask you to Identify... but as you know, this gets annoying, especially when you are on dial-up and get disconnected a lot...
    So what do we do about it??

Right Click in the middle of your XChat Window... Up pops a nice little context menu with sub-menu's such like this...
    XChat
    Windows
    User Modes
    Settings
    Scripts & Plugins
    User Menu...

The last entry, User Menu, is the one we are interested in...

Under this menu, you see lots of options, such as disconnect, reconnect, and part channel...

At the top of this submenu, we see one called Edit User Menu...
    This is the option we want to select....

This pops up a small window, with allows us to add a new shortcut...
    Click Add New, and then the Name column, we choose something simple, such as Ident..

Then we have the command column, in which we put in the /msg Antibot identify <yourAOpassword>
    Move that command up to the top of the list, for easy access.. *you could leave it down the bottom, but I'm really lazy so I put it up the top*...

Viola... when you connect to irc.antionline.com, you can now simply go.. right click -> User Menu -> Ident to Identify to the lovely Antibot...

-=-=-=-=-
    On the full automation which is usable via mIRC, there is a draw back... the On connect Perform option excutes every time you connect to an irc channel... so if you connect to another irc channel, and there is a user named AntiBot, you will /msg them your password to Antionline...

If you frequent other irc channels, this may be a concern to you.. if so, you can simple alias /msg Antibot Identify <yourAOpassword> to something such as /i...

To do this, simply click on T ools -> Aliases (shortcut key is Alt A)...
    then type in something like this...
    /i /msg antibot identify <yourAOpassword>
    Save this, and then upon connection, you can do a simple /i to identify to the bot...

Nice No?
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Talking

ANTIBOT where are you ???

We NEED u....

Come back soon ! !
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !