View Poll Results: Should I keep posting news articles?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Keep posting the news.

12 80.00%
  • No - Who cares about current events anyway?

0 0%
  • Doesn't really make a difference to me. Maybe I'll see an article I like one day.

3 20.00%

Thread: New windows DDoS bot OPEN SOURCE

Post New windows DDoS bot OPEN SOURCE

I have many friends in the DDoS area as i use to be one of them. Aparently there is a new DDoS bot about the same as litmus only ALOT more functions and random bot nick ident and realname. The bot contains the avrg ping attacks and UDP attacks. Also contains port redirects that can be activated threw IRC instead of client/server functions. It is controled fully over IRC as of most DDoS bots. And what makes this bot more dangerous then most windows DDoS bots??? Its open source...

I wont say the name of the bot just so that people wont use google or other search engins and try to find it to do "not so nice" things with the bot or source.

My biggest fear is now that the bot is open source and in dif computer languages how many other bots is this gonna lead to...?

U may think this is a dumb topic because of how easy people find way to make DDoS bots... but this is one of the few DDoS bots that are under 30 k and yet have as many bot functions as DT , GT, sub7, Litmus, and even the great XOT.

This bot for its size has so many features that make it almost impossible to see where this bot will end, but im over 100% sure that this one little bot will lead to at least 10 more of them.

So please post ur personal opinions on this and rember that opinions are like *******s.. everyones got one and they all stink.

PS. i will be postin the READ ME file to the bot when i get a chance to while im at home so u can see what exactly this bot is capable of. (i will reove all info that may people to finding the bot for security reasons)
    -NetSyn
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I voted for 'Yes it scares me' because there's already enough of the DDoS going on by script kiddies as it is right now, we don't need to give them the edge of actually figuring out how the damned thing works. Now, good people can set up ipchains or netfilter (new iptables) or have a firewall and whatnot configured, but that's not actually "stopping" the DDoS. It's merely preventing it. If the tools to prevent it were open source as well, as in all of them, then yeah, it might be ok to have the DDoS as open source, but not until then.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Hi mom!
    I'm not exactly sure what to think about this. Personally, I'm fascinated - I'd like to study the source, just to know what it does - then again, when asking for sub7 sourcecode, people tend to ignore you too

Opening source to the public will make it easier for people to write their own variations on the code - on the other hand, it'll show others what to expect - ddossing won't be the vague term it is today, to most users ("Didn't have that something to do with Amazon.com?"). One can also argue that someone who knows how to compile complex source code could probably find executables too... Like I said, I'm in doubt.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

well get ready for this to go alot further cause the DDoS bot is just the first beta and is probly the 2nd best bot out there right now next to XOT. But for the size that this bot has it pretty much took the idea of litmus and made it 500% better = \ . My biggest fear is when someone who somewhat knows what thier doin gets a hold of that source and makes a bot out there that hasnt been seen before. Learnin is one thing... but learnin sumthin that causes huge problems as it is right now is wrong in my opinion. Its like teachin kids how to make a bomb out of a crayon box and elmer glue.

-NetSyn
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

i don't think this code being open source is all that big of a threat. anyone who is able to modify the source to make it more dangerouswould probably be able to make a DDoS bot from scratch. as for showing script kiddies how to do things they shouldnt know, most probablly won't even understand the source code.
    what is love but contempt for hate?

Hi mom!
    Well, that's personal - I'd like to know how you make that kind of bomb - I was even interested in the theories behind the creation of an atomic bomb, back in highschool. Then again, I'm glad that Dutch laws on weapons aren't as liberal as American, for example.

You don't stop people doing bad things by trying to hold back information - people who want to do harm will find a way, regardless.

It reminds me of the discussion on drugs and cigarettes I had with my parents when I still lived with them (you know, the educational talk on cigarettes, drugs and alcohol we all got ) - The bottomline was: "We don't want you to do use any, but if you do, we'd like you to do it at home, and not in some back-alley").
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

well after u have a bot already made before u that is very well made in all ways shapes and forms all someone has to do is find someone that understand the code and ask them sum questions to add to the bot and make it more powerfull. And even if someone knows how to write one from sratch they may be to lazy to accually do so and havin this code out there now might make them be like "wow now all i gotta do is add stuff" and u will have more bots out there and we will be getting attacked more then ever. Well class is bout to end so ill check up on this subject once i get home

later
    -NetSyn

bots r actually a fascinating program, but once its used for malicious purpose, it become threatening. and now its open source like u said, i can picture the speed of its capability to spread and to mutation. its scary.

rgds
    de

i think alot of you are basing your fears on flawed logic. having more bots(program variations, not people infected) will most likely have absolutly no effect on how much DDoSing there is. anyone who wants to can find a compiled bot now, and having several slightly tweeked versions of the same bots wont make more people sudenly wish to carry out DDoSes.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.