View Poll Results: Which of the 2 famous PFs are U using and U sticking with it?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zonealarm Free/Pro 2.6 and YES!

0 0%
  • Zonealarm Free/Pro 2.6 and NO WAY!

0 0%
  • Tinysoft Personal Firewall 2.x and YES!

0 0%
  • Tinysoft Personal Firewall 2.x and NO WAY!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL:What programming language would you like to see.

Exclamation POLL:What programming language would you like to see.

Yeah I thought I would be a snatch cricket and ask this since there are new members at AO and some of the old veterans have left. I was thinking about the programing tutorials for the newsletter and was curious to see peoples views on what language they would like to see.

Cool

I wanna see a C++ tutorial coz im gettin frustrated with the tutorial i have right now..

Poll does not allow enough choices

I would like to see Perl, C/C++ and Java.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Well, I voted for perl because it's a widely used, fairly easy language to pick up and throw into use. I'm also trying to get a small tutorial for perl for everyday use written for MsMittens (crack the whip baby!) so that it might make the next one. That is, if I get this thing called time off, hehe...

/me loves perl...has been using it since pre 5.0 release.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

PERL rocks

so easy yet so powerfull ! !
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I would like to do a COBOL tutorial since not that many people use it and know anything about it. Also somthing like 70% of insurance companys still use it on there mainframes also since this is a prehistoric language and all the hippys are starting to retire or die they are leaving a opening for COBOL programmers. I would have to admit it's kinda hard to learn but once you pick it up it's pretty fun.

What ever you do, please make it useful. we can go any where and learn "hello world".

Please include writing to (like saving information), and reading from a file(like a list of ports or ip addresses or phone numbers). if possible any network code thats feasible (like how to implement WinSock).

Well dam, maybe you should take your own advice.
    Yea! Well maybe i will.
    You think your man enough?
    Man enough ta call your ass pu....

Don't mind them. They didn't take their meddies today.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i would like to see assembly right from basics..because i really want to learn this language..but could not get source... some real books on assemble for newbies...
    and the other language...will be C and C++...

if anybody have e-books for newbies or dummies...on assembly...pls mail me on

pok_pok_007@yahoo.com i will be very thankful to u...

intruder...

Thumbs up

Come on, you can learn C++ anywhere, but to get a really good and handy tutorial on Perl is harder to find!!!

Just in case, how about shell scripting, I know is not actually a language, but damn is useful!!
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

How about the lost art of Pascal?

Sorry I know it's lame, but it was so nice to look at.

PERL is a good start, I guess.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson