Thread: password (bios)?

password (bios)?

could use some info on where to find the password that i think is in the bios. system comes up with a password request when you first turn it on. is it in a file and if so what file and where? and also, can you view this file and password without trying to get into bios or setup when the system first starts?
    thanx
    wvh_2000

Unhappy

i really do need help with this. so, if anyone has any info or answers i would really appreciate it.
    thanx
    wvh_2000

I've been into this type stuff for a while and although I'm still fairly unexperienced, I have found that if your trying to get the BIOS password, then you'll need a leech program of some sort. As I said though, I'm not too experienced, and I know that the pass isn't in any run-of-the-mill file, but i don't know where it keeps it. My best guess is that the pass is just integrated into the BIOS itself. Hope that helps alittle.

Senior since the 3 dot era

Bios pawd

The password is stored in some (CMOS) memory at the MBR, it is powered by the little battery on the MBR, if you disconnect this battery long enough the password will be erased in most of the cases. You can also search for a pwd jumper, short this one and the password will be cleared. This depends from MBR to MBR. So look for the model number of your MBR, use some good search tool like Copernic2001, search for the model number, you will get an info page, there will be a manuel on the net explaining wich jumper you should short.

About reading the password or cracking it without hardware manipulation, search the net with some good search tool, there are tools available to do this kind a stuff.

Thumbs up

Try this.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Bios pwd recovery

I've locked myself out of my own machines by setting the bios pwd ....
    here's a site I found usefull one time.

http://www.pwcrack.com/BIOS/bios.html

Good luck
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=