Thread: Which classes?

I am a cracker

Question Which classes?

I will be going to school in August trying to get my (C.C.N.A) do I need to take any other classes before I take that class? The counciler said no But I don't want to jump the gun.. and waste lots of money on tests ...what would be a excellent place to start?

Networking is a good start. Also Microsoft would help out a great deal.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

A beginning networking class would probably suit you, but it's not necessary if you already have experience.
    CCNA is not that tough.

BTW- M$ will not help out..... linux/FreeBSD would be better OS's to learn networking. M$ idea of networking is a bit off.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thumbs up

No, you don't need a previous class, but hey, nobody knows your needs better than yourself.

It would be great if you just pick up some books and start reading on the subject, and do all the class work.

The CCNA is basically memory, so don't worry too much, just remember, be smart when answering and memorize as much as you can. Later you will find other certifications that test your ability and problem solving capabilities, but the first CCNA is easy.

Trust me!!

(BTW, I don't even think you need to go to school for it!!)
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

Smile

I would advise you to take your A+ exam, it doesn't require upgrade all the time like MS certifications.
    Besides these days *nix experience is a must.

I would not bother with the A+...it is a waste of time. If you are going to take the CCNA, just read some basic networking and TCP/IP books to start. Other than that, not much is necessary. Even the CCNP is fairly easy and so is the CCDP.

I think the CCIE lab is where you start to worry, I have it scheduled for this spring, I will let you know after I take it this spring.

Smile

As the others have said, it's not that hard - especially if you know some networking. As a word of advice see if you can get to work on some labs, cisco has them online or better yet just sit down on a router and practice. You will probably want to get your ccna or ccda afterwards.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I am a cracker
    All of the people that help me thanks you. I really appreciated it

Cool

Well you dont need any experience or previous knowledge about networking when it comes to CCNA.. you'd be surprised that some of your classmates in that class knows less about computers than you do.. but anyhow.. as for me.. i finished a nice networking course called Network Management Certificate 4.. and it basically covered most things about networking.. CCNA will just help you reach that ADVANCED level in networking.. but trust me.. no matter how advanced your level is.. you will still have to learn a lot once you start working.. There is more to learn out there than in class... sometimes you even have to break the rules or principles that you learned in class..

But anyway.. i work in a flower shop now.. hehe just taking a low profile job while im applying for a full time MCSE course..