Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: downloader for linux...

Question downloader for linux...

anyone know of a program to speed up downloads in linux like Go!Zilla or DAP did in windows?(well not like go!zilla coz it was spywere)

-Guerrilla Se7en

What exactly are you doing that you think Linux needs to be sped up. i've always had faster transfers using Linux than M$.

If you are using Netscape I'd tell you to go get Opera because it transfers data much faster. But apart from that, what is it your doing?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Konquerer works fine for me...

Fast, stable, why use anything else...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Post ...

I use Konqueror, but i'm not asking for a fast web-browser i'm d/ling the update files for kde 2.2.2 i've got about 30 megs now but it's still kinda slow.... i used opera too but i think konqueror is a bit faster...

-Guerrilla Se7en

oblio
    There are download accelerators for linux. I have tried proZilla. There are a few for x windows and some for console. A quick search for "download accelerators" on freshmeat will yield positive responses.

Thumbs up :)

thanks

-Guerrilla Se7en

Originally posted by oblio
    There are download accelerators for linux. I have tried proZilla. There are a few for x windows and some for console. A quick search for "download accelerators" on freshmeat will yield positive responses.

My god. You call that an answer? LOL.. That's exactly the same as saying to a windows user "there are download accelerators for windows. I have tried GetRight. A quick search of google will yield posotive results"... The more I read of your replies the more your "flames" of other peoples' reek of hypocrisy.

Anyway, back to the topic...I use and recommend Caitoo. It's free, simple to use and has a nice little GUI. It's never let me down and I strongly recommend it...

oblio
    confirmed kill, my response was simple and to the point. Freshmeat.net is a site that specializes in indexing gpl software, I do not see how you can compare it to google at all. I have also provided the name of one such programs and keywords that will result in appropriate answers. I fail to see how my answer lacked any useful information. My response also resulted in the original poster to respond with 'thanks'. And tell me what would have been wrong with saying the exact same thing to a windows user? Should I automatically assume that the person has a total inability to follow simple directions? And then to call me a hypocrite? I have not said anything even slightly hypocritical. If there was any hypocrisy it is from you, after critisizing my answer, you respond with an even more general response that is really of no use to anyone. I suggest you not make comments to me because you time and time again show everyone how completely clueless you are.

Originally posted by oblio
    And then to call me a hypocrite? I have not said anything even slightly hypocritical.

OK child.... here we go again....Although I shouldn't as the three red dots next to your handle already show peoples opinions of you....

One of your favourite sayings is "pointless banter." You use it quite alot. Sometimes it is just the word "banter" by itself..Perhaps Mommy taught you that word recently, I don't know....

Well, if ever I have seen pointless banter, your last post was definitely it. Freashmeat....LOL...It's exactly like saying to a windows user "Have a look at tucows"...Wow...you're some kind of genius...

I have had enough for tonight. I may see you tomorrow and we can start round two....

On a side note, I appreciate you giving me something to laugh at. Holiday Television is almost as poor as your writing and opinions! Thanks again...