Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: being picked on, on aol

being picked on, on aol

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT, THERE IS A PERSON ON AOL THAT HAS GOT A BEE IN THEIR BONNETT ABOUT ME, EVERYTIME I GO INTO A CHAT ROOM THEY LOCATE ME AND BSOD, DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK ME, IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING????? AND IF POSSIBLE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN FIGHT BACK, PLEASE ANYONE IT AINT FAIR AND ITS NOT NICE, I AM NOT A MALICIOUS PERSON BUT IF I CAN GET THEM BACK FOR THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP U CAN GIVE ME OK, THANX IN ADVANBCE FOR ANYONE WHO HELPS ME.

Thumbs up

Most people wouldn't wast much time or
    energy harassing someone from around the
    world, so chances are that this person knows
    you. My advice is to apologize and tell him
    you accept responsibility for the misunderstanding.
    You could offer to meet in person to work things out.
    When you meet, beat the living **** out of him.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

The only thing i will tell you is: GO EASY ON THE CAPS!!!!
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Question trouble on aol...............

You might wanna try a Good anti virus. if he can d o s attack u every time you get online, then he knows your ip, it changes every time you sign on to aol{if you dial up to connect to aol}
    which would mean you would have to have a trojan for him to get your ip every time you sign online..........

just a thought ;\
    The More You Travel, The More You See. The More You See. The More you Learn...................[knowledge]

aol is jammed with kids with programs to punt people offline, they think its fun to watch an ip address stop responding. unless you know as a fact its "someone" the nore than likely its randon jerks.

get the lattest version of aol, go to Microsoft.com and get all the windows security updates installed.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You need a firewall... Try ZoneAlarm. It's free and easy. And let's not make this the nth "what's the best firewall" thread, ok?

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

If you email me i can help you obtain a personal firewall that does whois traces and doesnt annoy you everytime you log on.

Fwsec@hotmail.com
    Ee

ROFL @ rcgreens answer!

You would have got some + points, but I have run out for the day!

Ah AOhelL
    I have to agree with acgreen on this one its bound to be someone you've annoyed at some point if they are constantly targeting you, but not neccesisarily in rl could have annoyed omeone online (heh you nearly did me with all those caps ) so why don't you try talking to the peron first?

But also making sure your system is clean is a good point as well - or is this person simply using some lame flood tool in the chatroom? If so check for newer verions of aol - I don't use it but am sure like most chat software they must be realising new versions all the time in order to combat flooder's.

v_Ln

First of all get rid of AOL second the best firewall i suggest using is sygate firewall you can download it here www.sygate.com it allso has a whois back trace on it. Is this a chat you can not get back into? Plus don't yell so much that hurt my ear!!!(CAPS)lol

ANTI-HACKERS