Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Communism you Bolshevik!

Guus: Well not alot of people who rule countries with 11 000 000 citizens have alot to say on a world scale. What I´d realy like to know is, what would happen if USA lifted it´s trade embargo against Cuba? Would we have the first communist country with a stable government and happy citizens?
    I don´t know, maybe.. but why keep an embargo against this small country?
    Is Cuba a bigger threat that say communist China? No, but trading with China is no problem
    Is Cuba any at al threat? Hardly.

Can someone please inform me why this embargo still is in place?
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Because the president of the US need the votes of the Miami-cubans who live in exile. If he get those votes chances are he'll win whole Florida. A more firendly policy against Cuba will piss off the Miami-Cubans. And that's the answer to your question, Pooh-Bear.
    ---
    proactive

Hi mom!
    I'm not sure either why the embargo still is in place, but I think it serves the US - now, they can keep Cuba on a leash, and make it their dustbin (look at the Taliban fighters moved there, for example). Think about it - what do the US have to gain by lifting the embargo?

Talking about China - do you notice how hard the Bush-government is trying to get on the bad side of China's gouvernment? First, there was the incident with that crashed airplane. Fair enough, accidents happen, but the way Bush handled the situation was somewhat hostile. During this all, Bush invited the Dalai Lama. "The two have nothing to do with eachother" is what he claimed. Come on, we're talking about the highest level of politics here - no-one can tell me that that was coincidental. Recently, China counter-intelligence found state of the art spying equipment in China's Airforce One, just after it returned from the US for maintanance. And this guy has been in office for just one year...

I just wanted to mention the whole StarWars thing too... there, I did.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

MY TIAWAN!!!

Yeah Guus, and remember what bush said about Taiwan? Something along the lines of defending it to the hilt.

The end is nigh... Trust me

Communism

Hey, I think Communism would work - If everybody in that specific country would belive in the ideology. So, what to do? Well let everybody that belives in Communism get theire own peace of land. (Like Alaska or something, where nobody lives. Hehehe..)

Then someone like me shows up and beleives that Communism can work, especially for me.

My tanks speak louder then their censored speeches!!!!!!!

It seems that communism is an idea whose time has come, and gone. It is based on the faulty assumption that all people are equal. To have that work it would mean that all people would have to consider each other their own equal. This is where all these "brotherhood of man" concepts fall down. Since most people are given to selfishness, pride and ambition, it moots their ability to act as equals.

Consider history, after each war or revolution, someone always rises to the top and takes over. Soon a ruling class, oligarchy, royal family, junta, party or other mechanism of power and enforcement grows and then the rulers naturally put into effect laws that benefit themselves...

Not trying to depress anyone but commenting on the realities of history.

good thread and input from all.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Thumbs up Re: Communism

Originally posted by legend
    Hey, I think Communism would work - If everybody in that specific country would belive in the ideology. So, what to do? Well let everybody that belives in Communism get theire own peace of land. (Like Alaska or something, where nobody lives. Hehehe..)
    ...or Norway.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Alcatraz got it right I think, but to add my moneys worth - I'd like to

point out that the only countries where Communism is still part of

life, would be countries where the people are repressed. If you

give the option for people to choose what they want then democracy

wins everytime. The only reason why there is still Communism in the world

is because countries like China, North Korea etc rule with an absolute zero

tolerance for any other idealology. Stand up in these countries for democracy

then your acting 'against the will of the people' (read a few dictators who want

it all) and end up being thrown inside for 10 years - this is why their is still Communism.

Noble Hamlet
    Cuba has an excellent health service and its all down to Communism, plus where it worked?
    Under Stalin, he managed to bring The Soviet Union from a poor feeble state to a World Superpower { at the cost of millions of lives} nether the less he proved he could compete withthe US for a long time but Capitalism did win in the end sure and Im not trying to compare the two but to focus on one, Communism.