Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG LINUX NEWS !!! linux os for the ps2

Thumbs up BIG LINUX NEWS !!! linux os for the ps2

-------------------------------------------------CL-----------------------------------------------------

I just found out that a comp attachment is coming out for the Sony PlayStation 2 that will be running a LINUX OS...... The report said that you would be able to program games and do word processing.. The attachment will be $300 US. All I know about it as of now is that it will come with a 40 gig hard drive.. I really am interested in this!!! It would be cool if I could run Linux emulators for NES, Arcade,TG16 or the Windows one and so on........ Sony really wants to compete with the Microsoft X-Box huh lol............

What do you people think of this??

--------------------------------------------------WW----------------------------------------------------------

Question ...

Linux has never been known for being a great gaming sys.... i think i'll stick to paying like $3 for linux on my comp not $300 for it on a game system....

-Guerrilla Se7en

There is no competition between PS2 and the XBOX. PS1/2 has something like a few hundred millions units sold compared to a few hundred thousand.

That's stupid to think PS2 has to run linux to compete, but, oh well, whatever floats your boat.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

theres more to this...................

Aside form the peope that already have ps2. Think about it man what if you did not have a computer of your own and you like consoles and you also wanted to play all the newest games and wanted the best of both worlds.

(ps2)$300 + (Linux & hardware) $300 = $600

Better then a computer that is worth $600...

Are you telling me you are not interested at all about this not even alittle bit????????

If your friend got it would you go over his house and mess around with it???

oblio
    Yes install linux on your playstation II and play playstation games with a playstation II emulator.

Talking lol

ahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahaha thats the funniest thing iv heard all day lol......

good one......

Re: theres more to this...................

Originally posted by NUKEM6
    Aside form the peope that already have ps2. Think about it man what if you did not have a computer of your own and you like consoles and you also wanted to play all the newest games and wanted the best of both worlds.

(ps2)$300 + (Linux & hardware) $300 = $600

Better then a computer that is worth $600...

Are you telling me you are not interested at all about this not even alittle bit????????

If your friend got it would you go over his house and mess around with it???
    Not better than a PC worth 600, not at all. you have much more capability in a PC than a console. For instance, On a cheap-o PC you can run all the N64, playstation, etc.etc. games you want. Can't say that for any one of those consoles.

I still think it's a dopey idea. Sorry.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Wink ....

for people that like console gaming better then a pc and still wanna do more.. and would like to hook it up to a big tv and play dvds if they do not have dvd player and not want the hassle of setting up a computer and paying for a vid card to hook up to a tv and want to turn it off right away and not go to shut down. i am not saying this is better then a pc but it has some very good stuff to it you have to emit.. lol

10. its easy to hook up to a big tv (could hook it up to a pc screen if you want)

9. plays dvds

8. plays all the newist ps1 and ps2 games !!MGS2!!

7. will hook up to the net with broad band (multiplayer)

6. can program games and emus for it

5. it runs linux for god sakes

4. will have a keyboard and mouse but you dont have to get a computer desk

3. looks cool "heh"

--

2. I AM BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! ha lol

1. it can do anything a comp can do because (drum role) it is a computer!!

0. and way more

Hi i just read that article and they say it won,t replace a home pc you can use it to create your own software for the ps2. Plus you can't run it on a regular tv you need a high res monitor to run it. Its not $300 dollars it's $199 dollars if you want to read the article go here
    www.siliconvalley.com

ANTI-HACKERS

Arrow nope

my PC ----------$500(it's all where u get it)
    Linux -------------$3.25
    Linux Modem---$25

PS2 ----------------$250-300
    Linux----------------$300

(i still say linux isn't a *good* gameing platform....)

-Guerrilla Se7en