View Poll Results: Is this picture better?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

2 22.22%
  • Nope

0 0%
  • Don't know...

2 22.22%
  • Freakboy

5 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Onion

Originally posted by rcgreen

What?
    You think I'm kidding?
    The IRA has been around for 150 years.
    Terrorism has been around for, well, forever. The Egyptians did it to the Jews. The Romans did it to the Jews.....etc. etc.

I know the IRA might take glee in you giving tham credit for that but the concept and practice has been around allot longer than a mere 150 years.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm proud of myself, I didn't watch it, despite it being on almost every channel I flipped by. Speeches bore me, and Bush's especially, cause a lot of time's it seems like he's stuttering over his words.
    Why am I still here?

Originally posted by KorpDeath

It is terrorism; and they may not target innocent people but they don't really care if they kill them accidentally. If you can call planting bombs accidental. But this was about the President's speech.
    As for it being "terrorism" or not,you have the right to your opinion as does everyone else.
    In war innocent people die.I dont recall saying anything about planting bombs being accidental
    Obviously the person planting the bomb didn't do so by mistake.

The IRA does care about killing innocent people which is why every time they (IRA) plant a bomb they always call up the police to tell them about the bomb so innocent people wont die,they dont go out of thier
    way to purposely kill civilians.
    Yes this post was about the presidents speech and in his speech he spoke about terrorism among other things
    so my response is in accordance with the presidents speech,I just picked one specific topic in his speech to speak about.

Crimina1