Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was the first Game console you owned? How many do you own now?

Graphics and gameplay are much better

uh....ya...just got a ps2 on the WE...just a BIT better than pong...

and speaking of pong...if you haven't seen THIS

you should...somebody posted it a couple of weeks ago...can't remember who but...it's a laff
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Mine was the Atari 2600 (the one with the fake wood finish).

What a fantastic game console!!!

Games included were Missile Command, Asteroids, Berserk, Bowling, Tank Attack, Frogger, Basketball....

But then we got a C64. Not really a games console, but the graphics were just second to none at the time. Favourite games included World Games, Burger Time, Montezumas Revenge, Pitfall, Eagle Empire, Zazzon, Aztec Challenge.

(If there are any other C64 fans out there, I would be interested in hearing their fav games)

Then moved onto the Sega Master System and PS1. But they never quite stood up to that Atari 2600.
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Post Consoles

Intellivision(BurgerTime)>>Atari(Defender)>>NES(Ninja Gaiden)>>SNES(Super Punch-Out!!)>>PSone(FF Tactics)>>N64(Perfect Dark)>>PS2(Metal Gear Solid 2)...

There's the progression of my console history...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Post Consoles

Intellivision(BurgerTime)>>Atari(Defender)>>NES(Ninja Gaiden)>>SNES(Super Punch-Out!!)>>PSone(FF Tactics)>>N64(Perfect Dark)>>PS2(Metal Gear Solid 2)...

There's the progression of my console history...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

FreeAgent

Thumbs up

Atari was my first. Then I got a PS2. lol Yes I know thats a big gap but I play most games on my PC.

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

FreeAgent

Thumbs up

Atari was my first. Then I got a PS2. lol Yes I know thats a big gap but I play most games on my PC.

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

The Atari 2600 was my first. I've acumulated quite a collection since then. In my house right now I have a nintendo, snes, n64, gamecube, genesis, saturn, dreamcast, ps2, xbox, and a 'puter! (pant pant) Most of them arent mine, but my apartment seems to have gathered all of my friends systems.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

The Atari 2600 was my first. I've acumulated quite a collection since then. In my house right now I have a nintendo, snes, n64, gamecube, genesis, saturn, dreamcast, ps2, xbox, and a 'puter! (pant pant) Most of them arent mine, but my apartment seems to have gathered all of my friends systems.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Old

Now I realy feel old. I can't remember the name. I was a few months before the original Atari came out. It was a huge thing and weighed a ton. It was the first pong game. No other games with it. Then the Atari came out and I was pissed. Oh well, since then. I have went through the Nintendo to the Sega Saturn to the Dreamcast. Now just the faithful PC alone.

The times are a changing.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Wow, except for the older people, mostly everyone seems to have gone pretty much on the same route as far as game consoles go.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!