Thread: smc3.0 problems - Solaris

Unhappy smc3.0 problems - Solaris

have smc 20 for solaris (8) installed fine, works well. So I am trying to get smc30 installed on another box sol(7) and it seems to go all the way but after I edit the users in /var/opt/SUNWsymon/cfg and make the changes is the three es control files the services will not start.

have deinstalled the java pkgs and cleared all the inst crap out. the msg I get after setup and running ./es-start is "SUNWMCDB01/app/oracle/products/8.1.b/sin/lsnrctl failed

What and where?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Unhappy smc3.0 problems - Solaris

have smc 20 for solaris (8) installed fine, works well. So I am trying to get smc30 installed on another box sol(7) and it seems to go all the way but after I edit the users in /var/opt/SUNWsymon/cfg and make the changes is the three es control files the services will not start.

have deinstalled the java pkgs and cleared all the inst crap out. the msg I get after setup and running ./es-start is "SUNWMCDB01/app/oracle/products/8.1.b/sin/lsnrctl failed

What and where?

Wink

keeping it up there.

Computer Forensics
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Thumbs up

thks hogfly, the first two were a help..

Computer Forensics
    No Problem,

If you get it fixed, go ahead and post the answer here in case others run into the same thing.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust