Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blackICE promotional image

Banned
    Why would some one want to hack a home computer... More specificaly YOUR home computer... Wouldnt the hackers be going for the big servers where they can launch a DDoS attack?... Its all too much hype, hackers barely ever hack home computers.... I have had my DSL for about a year and the worst i see is a ICMP ping or a connection to port 80..... LOL Or maybe its just me and my 20 firewalls

Good point! What would be the most interesting target?

Originally posted by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Why would some one want to hack a home computer... More specificaly YOUR home computer... Wouldnt the hackers be going for the big servers where they can launch a DDoS attack?...
    Since Personal Firewalls are more and more intruduced (and even more advanced protection) to home users with a direct connection to the Internet would it be a nice target out of many reasons.

1. Practise and learn in a safer way (which ISP cares about the homeuser?).
    2. Plant a Trojan or other mailicous programs on the computer, and then use it in a forced attack against another poor victim.
    3. Many users today are working remote to their offices and they would be the perfect target and backdoor into a lots of "secrets and good stuff".