Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindows Sneak Peek.

Lindows Sneak Peek.

Hey all. Today I just found out that Lindows just came out with a sneak peek for there OS.
    Go here to find info on it.
    Go here to sign up for a copy of it. (The only problem is that you have to pay 99 dollars to get the sneak peek.)

If anybody has downloaded this can you tell us what you think?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Check out this screen shot of what it will look like.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Great info Thanks,

The GUI looks like a cross between "Windows and Linux" hints the name "Lindows" I guess

Have a Great Weekend!!
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

I am a cracker
    Does Bill Gates have a sister? Is that Operating System just some chessee run off copy of windows? answers people!

From what I understand Lindows is a linux OS that you can run windows programs on.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Originally posted by jared_c
    From what I understand Lindows is a linux OS that you can run windows programs on.
    So its seems that this would be the ultimate gaming OS. YOu can run the security and power of linux but also all of your windows games.

Sounds damn good... I know I am getting it when it comes out. I read an article that said a major reason why linux isn't being used is because some programs don't work for it. The author said that there is usually one program that a person likes that doesn't work on linux, so they don't want to do the switch over. Well with lindows this won't be a problem anymore.

In the past few months Linux has been making drastic changes. Lindows will be able to run windows programs, HP and other companies will be soon distributing PCs with linux installed, and offer tech support, and Linux standards have just came out. I think linux will become a lot more popular for home users real soon.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Hello casper3699!

Good day to you dear! Nice post, fresh and informative! Thanks for the update on Lindows Keep-up the good posts!

A blessed day to all!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. ~ William Penn
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck! This is probably 100% compatible with windows. The developers did a wonderful job copying the closed-source windows-api.
    ---
    proactive

Reverse Engineering at it's finest. I would still take that over Windows.