Thread: ~*~*~*Warning To All*~*~*~

~*~*~*Warning To All*~*~*~

Hello everyone. I just want to make a statement here. In the future when someone posts anything saying "hack my server" or something stupid like that, before you act please e-mail the Admin. of the website. This is the best way to see if someone is telling the truth. Thats how i found out about FreeAgents little sceme. If you do e-mail them, and they know nothing about it, alert JP ASAP so nothing like this ever happens again. Its people like FreeAgent who give AO a bad name.

JP. . . I hope I have done the right thing, and I hope I have not got you or anyone else (besides FreeAgent) in trouble. I have spoke with the President of BreakFree Co. & he has two of his lawyers working on this. We will see what happens. All he requested from AntiOnline was that FreeAgent's post be deleted.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Hm. I know this sounds odd, but for some reason that I can't place my finger on, deleting it doesn't quite seem right. Perhaps locking the thread?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

mabey make a copy of the post and take it offline
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Unhappy

I have to agree with Terr. Lock the posts up. People should be aware of what social engineering is (and this is a prime example of it.. he got a lot of people to "attack" a server while originally looking legit).

It is unfortunate that this happened. I wonder if anyone has called them directly to speak to someone or go to their offices.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I think he should lock the thread, and also change the domain name in the thread so that company doesn't get botherd anymore. It isn't until a couple pages that it is clear it was a hoax. Someone might just read the first page, then mess around with the guys business again.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

The VP requested that the thread be deleted....considering what they went thru we should save a copy for evidence and delete the thread as he requested...IMHO

maybe freeagent should be impaled on a stake at the entrance to AO
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

my advice to all is: Let the BreakFree lawyers do their job and let's see what happens... once this have been settled then we can start discussing it but I would hate to see AO getting too mixed up in this....
    btw. this is the first time ever I'm happy to be such a busy person otherwise I just might have been playing around with the server too.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds