February 1st, 2002 05:20 AM
25 in 1 clean page
Just thought you guys would like this, it is clean utilities for 25 different virii/worms.
Just some info....
February 1st, 2002 12:26 PM
good post Cheeseball. wonder if I should try panda av hmm.
February 1st, 2002 01:41 PM
I'd recommend Panda AV. I've bought the titanium version and so far it's done a good job. I've listed below what I like/dislike about it.
1) Faster than most others I've tried due to being a dll scanner, not an exe scanner. (probably other things as well)
2) Memory efficient is very very good as it's smaller in stack size and memory-resident realtime scanner has a very small footprint.
3) Scanning is pretty fast.
4) Scan options include files with no extensions, have an exclude list, an 'all files' list, and other nifty grow-your-own scans.
Minor bad things:
1) No right click scan function for individual files/directories.
2) Splash screen is hard-coded, regardless of registration.
3) Updates are good but they give you this sounds-like-vague-line-noise username like unxxity54 when you register online (their page is also IE-friendly-only).
4) Email protection only supports Outlook Express.
5) No scanning of individual files manually. It does scan all files created/modified/etc but if I wanted to scan My Documents for whatever reason...can't. Bummer.
Most of those are minor in the 'troublesome' department and perhaps will change with future releases. As they're not impacting the performance of the scans, I don't really care. While I considered going to F-Prot Virus scanner, Panda's done a good job.
Verdict: worth the price and hopeful of future releases. Good job for what it does.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.
February 1st, 2002 02:56 PM
I'm going to see if they got it at the local superstore then. Vorlin - do you know if they have corporate versions?
February 2nd, 2002 10:04 AM
Nice, usefull post cheeseball