Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview with an ex-hacker

Re: Interview with an ex-hacker

Originally posted by s0nIc
    But Splurge sounds like he's had a change of heart. "Anyone who leaves an insecure box attached to the net deserves it. But anyone who actually damages data should do time," he said. "We always left backups of any sites we defaced.
    I agree with him on the backup part..
    I only defaced once or twice (and they deserved it)..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Re: Re: Re: Interview with an ex-hacker

Originally posted by 8*B@LL

hate to break it to you, but this idea is just plain out-dated. the only people you can trust are yourself, and very close RL friends. anyone you meet on the net is un-trustworthy. anyone you havent known for years and years will give you up.
    I disagree..perhaps your attitude is preventing you from meeting reliable friends. Or perhaps you have had a bad situation develop due to such freinds....I hate to break this to you but your exp. is not everyone's. I have tried, tested and true online friends that I value and respect highly.

it is difficult to make any judgements on exactly what category the interviewee falls into
    hehe true.. that was the thing that bugged me for a while coz i dunno what to call or even consider him.. coz da first time i read the article.. im like... ok he's a cracker.. he's not a hacker.. but as i read along.. that "cracker" image of the interviewee starts to fade slowly.. but not fully.. so yeah.. preety inspiring story though...

and hehehe ofcourse u cant trust anyone fully on the net.. thats when annonimity comes handy.. thats a hacker's first line of defece..

Re: Interview with an ex-hacker

Originally posted by s0nIc
    []
    "It's not the feds you have to worry about, it's always the other hackers that bring you down," he said. "They love to fight each other. They'll nark on you to the FBI just to get you off the scene.
    http://www.vnunet.com/News/1128889 [/B]
    This is 100% true, go to conferences likfe H2K or HAL and you will notice some ppl (even the famous ones) just can't even sit in the same room without ending up fighting.

heheh yeah.. happens at my skool too.. couple of us couldnt stand eachother's guts..

wow that waz a really good article keep pullin these kind of stories off the net they really help.
    Thanks
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]