Thread: The Quest for the Holy Grail...

Banned

Post The Quest for the Holy Grail...

The 'history' of the Holy Grail....

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/grlmenu.htm

The Holy Grail is generally considered to be the cup from which Christ drank at the Last Supper and the one used by Joseph of Arimathea to catch his blood as he hung on the cross.

This significance, however, was introduced into the Arthurian legends by Robert de Boron in his verse romance Joseph d'Arimathie (sometimes also called Le Roman de l'Estoire dou Graal), which was probably written in the last decade of the twelfth century or the first couple of years of the thirteenth.

In earlier sources and in some later ones, the grail is something very different. The term "grail" comes from the Latin gradale, which meant a dish brought to the table during various stages (Latin "gradus") or courses of a meal. In Chrétien and other early writers, such a plate is intended by the term "grail." Chrétien, for example, speaks of "un graal," a grail or platter and thus not a unique item. Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival presents the grail as a stone which provides sustenance and prevents anyone who beholds it from dying within the week. In medieval romance, the grail was said to have been brought to Glastonbury in Britain by Joseph of Arimathea and his followers. In the time of Arthur, the quest for the Grail was the highest spiritual pursuit. For Chrétien, author of Perceval and his continuators (four works take up the task of completing the work that Chrétien left unfinished, two of which are anonymous, one is by Mannesier, and a fourth is by Gerbert de Montreuil), Perceval is the knight who must achieve the quest for the Grail. For other French authors, as for Malory, Galahad is the chief Grail knight, though others (Perceval and Bors in the Morte d'Arthur) do achieve the quest. Tennyson is perhaps the author who has the greatest influence on the conception of the Grail quest for the modern English-speaking world through his Idylls and his short poem "Sir Galahad". However, James Russell Lowell's "The Vision of Sir Launfal", one of the most popular of nineteenth-century American poems gave to generations a democratized notion of the Grail quest as something achievable by anyone who is truly charitable. The notion that the Grail story originated in fertility myths was popularized by Jessie Weston in her book From Ritual to Romance, which was used by T. S. Eliot in the writing of The Waste Land. Eliot's poem, in turn, influenced many of the important novelists of his and succeeding generations, including Hemingway and Fitzgerald.
    I don't know if anyone has ever noticed (maybe this is an AO-première ) , but I have another explanation...

San Grail = Holy Grail

Mix up the letters a little, and you get

Sang Rail / Sang real = Real Blood (sang is French for blood)

Now tell THAT to the Pope

Interesting

That's an interesting dicotomy.

Or should I say....How gauche (French for Left) and sadly
    originated as anti-left handed people.

Hmmm....sounds like Deja vu to me
    Oh well, once we have a tete a tete with our confreres
    we shall overcome the detante, only if you RSVP.

"And then, a sinister shadowy villian hacker appeared!"
    --Time-Translato-Tron--->
    "And then, a left-handed shadowy person from the villa who typed excessively appeared!"
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

The term "Holy Grail" hold great mystic significance according to Helona Blavasky in her book titled "The secret doctrine" . In mystic circles(many of which have one root origen) The term is equal to "Shamballic enlightment. Atlantis was rumored to have been over run by the 7 races locked in "psi" warfare. The aryan race was created and its psi energy bound until the race was mature. This would render them imune as the other races destroyed each other. When the battle was finished the aryans were slowly guided back to thier prevous state of awareness. When such a state was restored it was known as "shamballic enlightment. The grail myth was a coded path to reach this state. Adolf Hitler took this doctrine when the nazi party was formed hence the reference to the "aryan superman".The symbol for shamballic enlightment is on the dreaded nazi flag. The circle of legs represent the rays of the sun for "enlightment" This grail myth is the coded western representation of the secret eastern doctrine. This teaching is given in the east to the inner cicle of "vadrianna buddists"

When you reach this state you are rumored to have fully developed your "sixth sense"

Re: The Quest for the Holy Grail...

Originally posted by Negative
    The 'history' of the Holy Grail....

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed (maybe this is an AO-première ) , but I have another explanation...

San Grail = Holy Grail

Mix up the letters a little, and you get

Sang Rail / Sang real = Real Blood (sang is French for blood)

Now tell THAT to the Pope
    maybe not so odd.
    Didn't he say "...drink ye all of it. for this is my blood..." -Matt 26:27-
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

its an old wooden cup.. i doubt anyone can find it now... as we all know wood is bio-degradable.. and very fragile compared to metal/brass cups...

You are partly right Negitive but according to a gentleman called Sir Laurence GARDNER who is the author called Bloodline of the Holy Grail the word sangreal is the french term for Blood Royal meaning the Royal Blood of Judah the kingly line of David which progressed through Jesus and his heirs. There is a good site that has an excelent story on the Holy Grail called The Hidden History of Jesus and the Holy Grail. The site is called Nexus Magazine it has information on very different subjects it is out of Australia so you will find facts on here that never make it on to US sites because they would be classed as anti american. The web address is www.nexusmagazine.com I hope you find it an interesting read I sure have.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Banned
    Guess I wasn't the first

Thanks for the link, lostit44... The 'War on Terror overview' is quite interesting

Thought you`d enjoy reading that story gives new meaning to what is going on in the world and why the states are so into keeping it all hush hush. The info that Jim Marrs puts forth and the questions that he raises makes a person wonder just how much is kept from the american public. I watch the american news and what is said on there is so much different from the rest of the world. They tell the public that its this way and if you don`t believe that then you are anti-american and the public falls for it hook line and sinker. It seems that the only true info comes from other parts of the world who have realised the states lies to its people all the time.Scary times are a head.
    No good deed goes unpunished.