Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paranormal Phenomena

Hello RA!

Good day to you!Generally speaking, I personally believe in the existence of paranormal phenomenon. However, when someone approaches me and narrates a paranormal event, I first take into consideration in examining the details of the story/event before I jump into any conclusion that it was indeed a valid experience.

Moreover, paranormal branches out into many different areas. In these areas, some of my personal favorites include the Human Aura, the Chakra, Crystals and Visualization.

A blessed day to all!

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now… as I shall not pass this way again. " ~ William Penn

As long as there is no proof otherwise, I'll keep believing in things like aliens and stuff...

I am a firm believer in the power of the mind.. even mind over matter...
    The MATRIX / Jedi kinda stuff but then smaller in scale..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I found the site on stone circles. Give it a look people, its just amazing to think of the amount achieved by building these stone circles (some 5000 years ago). 40 tonne rocks dragged for 200 miles and the like.
    If anyone knows of a site about stone circles in the US, then post it please As far as I know these circles are more of a UK / France / Germany phenomina.

The link: http://www.henge.org.uk/

Imagine the amount of security involved by the world's leaders & such to cover up such things hmm.
    Thats the interesting part of paranormal phenomenon.
    tH3#cL3aN3r

VictorKaum: I'd say it was "5) The phone was ringing during my dream and a phone in the middle of the night is most of the times bad news. So the end of my dream was bad.". Makes sense, but needs you to know something about that relative... She was sick, wasn't she? Because if it was an accidential death one wouldn't dream about just that relative... If there were no paranormal things...
    It's funny how my mother always says she doesn't believe in such things, but after that she, when I remind her, tells some paranormal things happened to her... You see her brother, my uncle, was in London at that time and my mother saw a dream about his underground getting into an accident. She called him not to go to work by underground that day, and he accepted - and there was the accident.
    Perhaps I should ask her some details since I haven't been able to proof it happened - although I haven't tried... This was some ten years ago.
    Other thing was that she got a painly feeling while my sister, some ten years ago again, got locked into a WC by accident while in some not-familiar place. She managed to get out of the place and my mother felt a sudden relief and called her to get to know what had happened.
    I am a rational person so I think they (paranormal things) don't exist, but still.............

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Post Links

Some paranormal links I have got in my bookmarks:
    Conspiracy Planet: The Alternative News & History Network: http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/
    Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization: http://www.bfro.net/
    Skepsis RY: A Finnish association investigating paranormal things: http://www.skepsis.fi/eng/
    The 27 Conspiracy: Err... Number 27 attacks? http://www.lbstone.com/27/

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Yep ZeroOne, she was sick but I did not know it. So it remains a sort of intuitive thing

AntiOnline Senior Member
    First off, I would like to complement R_A_ on his choice of subject, because I think it is a good one to talk about.

I am going to jump in here and add my 2 cents.

I do and don't beleive in aliens: I have done a lot of thinking and done some research on this subject. I don't beleive in what people typically refer to as aliens today, but I have seen a UFO before very clearly, and I have my own theries on what "aliens" and "ufos" really are. If you wish to hear my views or discuss further with me on this subject, please PM me.

I believe in ghosts (kinda): I don't think ghosts are "dead people" or that they are really ghosts. I beleive that ghosts are demons taking on some sort of human form.

I believe in the loch ness monster: There have been "pictures" taken of it. When I say pictures taken, I mean sonar pictures.

I believe in God: There is an incredible amount of evidence that shows He does exist. (For example, haha, this world we are living in.)

I believe in Atlantis: I beleive that it was destroyed and no longer exists.

One subject not touched upon:

I beleive in the "yeti". Others call it "bigfoot", the "Mountain man", and there are other names to it. Reason? Not because of the "pictures" people have supposedly taken of it, but becuase of a true account of a man who had escaped from a prison camp or something. He was a member of either a european country or american army. He and several other were in the process of their route to freedom, and they saw this creature. If you wish to read the story, it is in the book entitled "True Stories of Great Escapes".

I beleive in prophecies: If you beleive in God, then you must beleive in prophecies. Thats kinda obvious when you read the Bible.

I beleive in the Bermuda Triangle: Why? Becuase of many documented disappearances. For further reading, read the book "The Bermuda Triangle." I don't have the book with me or I would name the author and such, sorry. But basically there are different spots in the world with weird magnetic fields, and the bermuda triangle is the most heavily traveled of those spots, thus making it the most talked about magnetic fields. There have been disappearances in a few of these other magnetic spots, such as one that is near Japan (several fishing boats have been lost.)

Other Phenomena: Bring it up, people!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Well I don't know about bigfoot.. I didn't mention that one cause I think that the media has blown it all out of proportion.. like they always do.

Hrm.. The Bermuda Triangle is creepy. There's many theorys on why planes, boats, people, and other things disappear when they enter there. I've heard that the government was dumping toxic radioactive chemicals into that part of the ocean and that is what causes it..
    I've also heard it refered to as 'The Devil's Triangle'..
    Anyone else have a theory on what the Bermuda Triangle is and why things disapear in it? I saw this on the history channel once and they went over a wide variety of theroys. It was really interesting. You may be able to look it up on their web site but I'm not exacally sure..

Remote_Access_

Banned
    Black Holes

First step in understanding black holes? --> Dumb holes

Atlantis

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    But those places like atlantas make you wonder don't they?They're actual places but they hold great mysteries.
    I could be wrong, but Atlantis isn't an actual place, is it? At least, there's no proof for it (yet).

Nostradamus

Some Nostradamus-adepts came up with this so-called 'Nostradamus'-prediction a couple of days after the 9/11-fiasco:

In the city of York there will be a great collapse,
    2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
    while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
    third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

Here's the original:

[b]L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois
    Du ciel viendra un grand Roy d'effrayeur
    Cinq & quarante degrez ciel bruslera,
    Feu approcher de la grand cité neuue[b]

Translated, that's something like

The year 1999, 7 months
    From heaven will come a great King of terror
    The sky will burn at 5 and 40 (45?) degrees
    Fire will approach the great new city

Fake, I'm telling, you! Fake!

Here's another interesting one:

Aupres des portes & dedans deux citez
    Seront deux fleaux, & onc n'apperceut VN TEL,
    Faim, dedans peste, de fer hors gens boutez,
    Crier secours au grand Dieu immortel.

Could be translated as

Near the gates and inside two cities
    Will be two flaws, and nobody noticed it from INTEL
    Hunger, pest inside, by steel people thrown out
    Cry for help to the great immortal God.

Oh my god, did Nostradamus predict the FDIV-bug in the Intel processors??

Ouiya bords

Hmmmm, I played Scrabble against one of those boards once... I kept on winning...

Originally posted by Protocool
    therefore, if there is a living organism in the planet mars or any other planet in the solar system or the big time universe; there is a great possibilty that alien do exist or the so-called paranormal do exist.
    This might be a little late, but shouldn't we define the term 'paranormal' before having these kinds of discussions? 'paranormal' = 'out of the normal' or 'extra-ordinary' ... Now all there's left to know, is what you guys / girls consider to be normal

Originally posted by Alcatraz
    I believe in ghosts: There have been too many sightings for it not to be true, though I don't think I'll ever actually see one. I also hope not too.
    It's always harder to proof tha

http://www.randi.org/

http://skepdic.com/randi.html