Thread: Please help this poor N00B get started!

Question Please help this poor N00B get started!

Hi-ya Anti-Online users! My names Josh and im really just starting to get into this "stuff" I looked around and just sat there like huh? what? I was wondering how i should start so soon ill be writing tutorials and answering these n00B questions thanks in advance guys

-Josh

Banned
    Well.. Lets see here.... There are a couple of main rules to AntiOnline so you dont get flamed...
    1. Never use ALL CAPS
    2. Never ask questions like 'How do I hack ________' (Fill in the blank)
    3. Before you post or ask a question search to see if it has been answered already....Search Here

Then there are the posts you pretty much have to read to get started....
    KapperDogs great post(Getting Started)here

Then... Check out the tutorial index by Negative here

And most of all... Enjoy your stay at AntiOnline

Hey wow thanks that helps!

Also,

After perusing the Tutorials forum, if you find a tutorial which whets your appetite, explore the subject a deeper than the tutorial goes. Search the web, search your library, talk to fellow members here, and come up with a tutorial of your own. Maybe you would'nt want to post it, at least not until you run it past someof the respected and knowledgable regulars here. Whether or not you post it, writing a tutorial about something you are interested in, is quite possibly one of the best ways to learn.

Especially when you consider that learning from trial and error most often leaves you with the knowledge you seek, as well as lots of other knowledge which you may have stumbled into on the way.

Most of us here enjoy answering questions, as long as they are not (as ac1dsp3ctrum pointed out) how to I hack Hotmail, or some such question.

Good luck,

IchNiSan

And just my "things that I don't like that might not be good for your appearance, at least to people like me" stuff. :P

(Directed to no particular person.)

1. Using l33t$p33|< is okay, so long as you don't use it all the time, or think that it shows how cool you are.
    2. Some people prefer to be very specific about what is hacking and what isn't. For most of them, their definitions are that cracking is criminal hacking. Hacking itself is mis-represented by the media, and is just brilliantly getting things to work by thinking outside of the box.
    3. Spelling and punctuation are important when you talk to people. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to at least be existent.
    4. Nearly any cracking/hacking objective has multiple ways to do it. If you ask a question on how to do something, you must be very specific on what you have to work with, what you want to do, and give tons of extra information, otherwise people just get annoyed because there is no one definite and sure way to do it with the information they've been given.
    5. Most people will not help you do anything illegal. Don't expect them to.
    6. Knowing someone's IP address is not a status symbol.
    7. If you do something criminal on the internet, think very hard beforehand. You'd be surprised how much information can be found by the authorities with the right contacts.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Whenever you see a term or topic you don't understand, copy it and past it into the google search engine. read about everything. then if you still have question, ask them here.

PS if someone asks you down the road to try and hack there web site for them, so they can see how secure it is, don't do it. most likly it dosn't belong to them.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Oh...! I forgot one.... (We all learned this from FreeAgent) NEVER-EVER accept a hacking challenge until you check in with the website/computer to see if it is really that persons!

good reply Terr. All I would add is be sure you don't get foolish (like being set up to hack into something you've no business to) and don't get arrogant - thinking that having mastered a few skills makes you a law unto yourself.

Get into the computer world, work hard, learn, respect your elders (didn't mom say this stuff?) and earn your way in the field. Put something back into the system when you can, perhaps be helping others.

good luck
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.