Thread: Now you can say McAfee sucks

Now you can say McAfee sucks

NY sues NAI so you can say McAfee sucks

Its unbelivable what corporations think they can get away with in a EULA

The State of New York has filed suit against Network Associates over outrageous EULA terms forbidding users and journalists to speak ill of the company's McAfee anti-virus product, Reuters reports.

NAI has the nerve to require the company's consent before anyone can publish reviews of its products or disclosing with any third party the results of benchmarks comparing NAI products against the competition, the wire service says.

According to the suit, the odious clause is "unenforceable, illegal and deceptive." Not to mention arrogant, despicable and shamefully cowardly.

For its part NAI claims never to have enforced the shrink-wrap contract, though Reuters cites an instance where they at least tried, ordering Network World magazine to "retract a July 1999 review of its Gauntlet firewall product."

"John Gallant, president and editorial director of Network World, said Network Associates mentioned in an e-mail that the review violated the license agreement clause, but primarily had complaints about facts in the review. The magazine did not change its article."

The suit is seeking $2000 in court costs and 50 cents for each instance of the appearance of the illegal clause, which could add up to a hefty sum.

We hope. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23981.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

We can 'now' say it sucks?? What about before? i've been saying they suck for years.

The State of New York has filed suit against Network Associates over outrageous EULA terms forbidding users and journalists to speak ill of the company's McAfee anti-virus product, Reuters reports.
    Yeah, because they know their products suck & they didnt want to hear about it from everyone else. Thats really sad! ! ! I mean come on. Isn't that an infringment on our 1st Amendment right? Freedom of Speech? Oh wait. . . I forgot. . . we dont go by those any more.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

McAfee=McCrap.....

I have a crack for McAfee that will allow lifetime updates.......but I still buy Norton! LOL......