Thread: liunx gains ground

Talking liunx gains ground

to see the progress follow"

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-11-828055.html

finally some push in the business world
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Sweeeeet!! Hopefully in the future we won't see the OS market so strongly dominated by M$. It would be good to walk into a computer retail store and see that pre-assembled desktop packages have Linux installed instead of only M$ - most families who don't know a great deal about computers don't even consider choosing a different OS, if they do not know much, they are given no choice really, I'm sure some haven't even heard of Linux.

When my family first got a computer (long time ago), it had a M$ OS on it. I didn't even consider a different OS, didn't even know there were any different ones for the first few year. I'm sure many people who are just starting out are like this.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Thumbs up

Oh - I should add that the SuSe people are trying again for an IPO and that they have satisfied their financial backers with a new business plan. Unfortunately for some of ours, they did have to let about a hundred staff go to meet the goals (they still have 350+ left) and are planning to release a new version soon.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.