Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO webisite offline

I should've quoted you again cause it seems to upset you.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    I should've quoted you again cause it seems to upset you.
    No Korp what upsets me is insults hurled before you even let me explain what I was trying to say...thats why I said SHEESH

Who insulted who?

Maybe I missed something.......let me go back and look.....................nope I don't see an insult. And I was joking, anyway. SO you STFU and SHEEESH!!!!!!!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm just glad AO is back, I run out of nails to bite. The cats are wont be able to claw me for a while, thats for sure.

So what was the trouble JP?

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, I have NO idea how in the hell such an innocent thread turned into flame fodder, but I don't like it! So chitlens, behave yourselves!

As for the site. We went down due to some database problems, not due to ddos. Basically the site shut itself down because of some strange database connects, the database thinking that it was being hacked. In reality, it shut itself down, several times, due to new features that I added without updating the strings in one of our database monitoring programs

Sooooo, I went through and updated everything that needed updated (i think), and it shouldn't happen again (i hope).

I'm closing this thread since the issue has been explained.