Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a webpage question...

I have a webpage question...

I am designing a personal webpage from the ground up and am running into a strange problem...the one graphic I have so far is black and/or faded on loading of the page until you hit F5...does anyone know why this happens...or is it just happening here at the college?...please check out my page and tell me what happens and any ideas if possibe thanks...
    http://www.lltc.org/student/solid_morph/
    Im not crazy...yet

website looks fine 2 me
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Thumbs up

Must be something with the college`s computer worked fine for me when I checked should look good when your finished creating the page. Love the links.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Same here solid. . . . looks good. Must be the computer ur on.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

I am building websites for several years. The code is fine. One of my customers had a similar problem to yours. Finaly we find out that the problem was in cache server, which was placed in their intranet.

But I would probably start with the caches on your computer. Try to delete all the caches, used by your browser + those in your OS system folder (in case you are windows user)
    HandyAndy

thank you all

well, i tried emptying the cache to see if that works and seems to have so far...I don't know what I want to do with this page...it's for my webdesign class I'm taking at the college...its funny...the instructor is teaching the class using CoffeeCup...I don't like how you have to work with things in it...I guess I'm a hand coding sort of guy...and I have a while before it needs to be finished...but anyways...um...I was thinking in the bottom-left table I could place a few tutorials for people to look at...since I am into batch file creation...I thought it would be neat to offer some tutorials on the subject and maybe some example batch files...I don't know what else to do with it...anyone have any ideas?
    Im not crazy...yet

similar to wiredandy, i've been building various types of sites for years. the one rule i always stick with is, post what you know. that way you always have good rich content. btw - your code looks good, (nice & tight). though you have a couple of tags in there you don't need. that's probably from CoffeCup though. otherwise you are off to a good start.
    4ChecK

--ssshhh, be vewry, vewry quiet...

4check

um....haven't even touched coffecup...i do everything by hand...can you point out which tags are not needed? any help would be appreciated...i love to learn
    Im not crazy...yet

btw

thanks for letting me know that my code is good...i've been working hard to learn how to do it the proper way...but I have a long way to go yet...i was thinking about adding flash to it...but I think thats the spoiled brat in me(i'm sitting on three t1's so i have plenty of bandwidth to go to flash sites...i guess i probably won't go with flash...but the thinkpot here...i may just have a good enough site to show off...thanks everyone in case anyone here who doesnt know me...I am also Solid_Morph...I've been phasing tripstone out considering that I've had the name for six or more years and now I see that other people are called tripstone as well...that sux....

Stuff about .bat files - I posted a tut a while back here or you could try here and this site might also help.

hope that helps you along a bit with ur site

v_Ln