Thread: Sygate personal firewall pro 5.0 (anti-spoofing?)

Lightbulb Sygate personal firewall pro 5.0 (anti-spoofing?)

hi.

have anyone tried the new 5.0 of sygate firewall pro, it is soposed to have:

Application-Based Intrusion Detection System
    Protocol Driver-Level Protection
    Dynamic Intruder Shunning
    Anti-IP & Anti-MAC Spoofing
    Application DLL Authentication
    Firewall Termination Prevention

i have used the wall sence the early beta, and i wonder can this wall take som punches and stay upp?

it sounds great that they have anti ip & mac spoofing, but i read that the program radomizes the cintent in the packets so that there is no 2 same packet to resend,

i am on the ntework SBB (sydkraft bredband) a cable tv network with 512kbps down and 256 upp.

And i have alarm that tell of macspoofing and under the hole time the under the beta, it alerted me off illegal gatway and ip tracing?? something.

whats your take on this wall and what it doess

/BN

http://www.sygate.com/swat/products/pspf_ov.htm check the detail or PR if you like to call it that.

on http://www.sygate.com/swat/products/pro/whatsnew.htm is the entire list.
    Dare to say no to linux and dont risk to falling of the vagon and become a script kidie.

m$ is a death trap but it a choice;-)

Yes, I use it and it's the best I've found.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i tried outpost för about 5 min then it was taken away quite brutal from my system,

i like sygate but i dont if it can take the punches.
    Dare to say no to linux and dont risk to falling of the vagon and become a script kidie.

What do you mean?

What punches?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i mean if the firewall can handle advanced atacks and stay upp. i have almost tested the wall on evry free page on the net i found, but my isp has protection that dosent let evrything through.

Well. I've done some pretty awful things to my test box and it weathered any storm I threw at it. Of course it has it's limitations but Sygate's pain threshhold is much higher than the other firewalls i've tested. (i.e. norton,black ice, tiny, infoexpress, PGP,etc. etc.)
    - Samuel Johnson

great;-) good news.

Our problem on the SBB network is that we have several ip with the same mac and vs.
    it ideal testenverioment,

za PRO failed,

tiny failed but was a bit better.

Have you seen or tried the outpost wall it open source?

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

"Agnitum Outpost is the first personal firewall for Windows developed with Open Architecture. The Open Development Process proved its efficiency with the development of the Internet and with Linux. No company can be as fast, flexible and innovative at enhancing a closed product as thousands of developers from different countries all working on an open one."

I think this is the closest rival that norton internet security, perhaps sygate to?.

Could be a competitor but of course I'd have to test it.
    If you load it run the test application from www.hackbusters.net called Outbound. That will let you know if it's good with applications. Let me know if you test it. Okay?
    - Samuel Johnson

setting upp the lab, and keeping norton ghost close to the disk frive;-)

it won't run on XP, i noticed, thats to bad, saving it for when i got win2k. or win9x installed.