Thread: Firewall

Firewall

What is a Firewall and why is it useful.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

hello and welccome to antionline

if u have a question first please go to www.google.com and ask ur question in a search such as "what is a firewall"

now because it seems ur new here ill help u out

but in the future use www.google.com

The term "fire wall" originally meant, and still means, a fireproof wall intended to prevent the spread of fire from one room or area of a building to another. The Internet is a volatile and unsafe environment when viewed from a computer-security perspective, therefore "firewall" is an excellent metaphor for network security. A firewall is used to prevent unauthorized access to a network. A network can be made up of a company's local area networks, wide area networks, and the Internet, or it can be just an Internet Service Provider preventing inappropriate access to the files of its customers.

In computer networking, the term firewall is not merely descriptive of a general idea. It has come to mean some very precise things.

it was my first result to the question what is a firewall in google

go to http://www.nwinternet.com/~pchelp/se.../firewalls.htm to read more or http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+a+firewall%22 to see more

happy hunting

_NetSYn_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I am a cracker
    What is a Firewall and why is it useful.

Firewall is a computer that prevents unauthorized data from reaching or leaving your system.For example, if you don't want anything from snoopers.com to penetrate your net, put your net behind a firewall. The firewall can block it.

The reason it's useful is protecting your information from diaster.

Banned
    FAQ

NeoWatch

ZoneAlarm

Black Ice

I'll edit this with more info in a moment.

Get zone alarm. Its the best free!
    Of course he relizes, this means war.

Bugs Bunny